Chapter 8

You pull to a stop and feel Crona’s arms loosen for the first time since you started on your ride. “2 riders with no helmets...If we weren’t DWMA students, we’d have been caught.”

     You turned your head to Soul and smirked: “Correction if you were caught, after all, Crona and I have helmets.” He gave you an exasperated look before getting off his motorcycle.

     “Yeah yeah. But I didn’t know that you had a motorcycle (First Name).”

     “Well you never asked and besides I like to go fast!” You said in a teasing tone which caused his cheeks to tint pink. ‘That was too easy’ you laugh internally.

     After putting down your kickstand you climb off your bike and reach a hand to Crona to help him off as well. Once his feet touch the ground the little black blob appears from his back “Let’s start eating souls from that side!!!” He exclaims while pointing his little nub of a hand to the left.

     “We aren’t using that method anymore,” Crona tells him while looking in the direction he was pointing at.

     “Ragnarok how about you just eat some of this instead,” you say while holding out a piece of chocolate for him.

     His face splits under the X to reveal his mouth as he eats the chocolate out of your hand. “You know,” he says after he swallows the candy “you’re the only one who I tolerate here (First Name).”

     “Aw, thanks Ragnarok. I like being friends with you too!” you smile at him.

     “That’s not what I said, you annoying girl!” He yelled while swatting at you.

     “Yeah yeah sure.” You pat his head and turn to listen to Maka and Soul.

     “It’s full of chimneys, huh…” Maka says as she starts walking.

     “That’s because this is a village where building golems is popular...There’s probably a kiln in every house.” Soul explains.

     You tilted your head in the pair's direction and started to follow after them with Crona on your heels. After seeing that he isn’t getting any more attention Ragnarok grumbles and disappears into Crona’s back.

     While walking past a group of sketchy looking villagers Maka speaks up “I’ll go ask the villagers what the situation is.” And with that, she walks ahead of your small group.

     “They don’t look very welcoming, do they…” Soul asks with a sigh.

     “You can say that again,” you mumble while scanning over the crowd.

     “Soul” Maka calls as she walks back over “When I asked about the golem that went out of control, everyone said they didn’t know anything…”

     “Yeah it seems like they’re hiding something,” you tell, your gaze landing on Crona as he shuffles closer to you. You give him a gentle smile and pat his shoulder.

     “Hey, you guys,” you hear a masculine voice speak from behind you “looks like you’ve been asking around about the incident…” Turning you see a man with tan skin with eyes and hair that share the color of caramel brown. His hair is spiked up in several places, which looks like several blades and he has sharp teeth. He also has multiple different types of piercings, along with a metal necklace and is wearing blue-green jeans, a white sleeveless collar shirt, black boots, and brown enchanter gloves that reach just below his shoulders and with the cuffs folded over. “You’re looking for this village’s oldest golem aren’t you?” With narrowed eyes, you nod and while staring at you he continues “Come with me, I’ll tell you all about it.”