Many Names and Push

Two weeks later.

"Taehyung focus…" demanded Briggs. The boy was doing cartwheels around him giggling. It was unnerving, and downright disrespectful. His father was no better, all he did was laugh at his sons carefree attitude. Taehyung stopped his cheeks pink from the action, also slightly dizzy.

"Lighten up old man!" He grinned looking up at Briggs. This got him a scowl and about 50 pushups. Which he whined about with every count. 

"One...this is stupid.." 

"Two..I want to go home…"

"Three.. you stink.."

"Four...for the love of Lilies…"

Briggs dropped to a pushup position so he could look the complaining boy in the eyes. 

"Stop whining…and push." 

Taehyung jutted out his lower lip and pouted. 

"Five, I'm not like Robot boy…" and that was the last time he said anything other than numbers, at least for that moment. How Jungkook got that name made sense but it still rubbed Briggs the wrong way. He couldn't help how he was born. 

"Don't call him that." Briggs said sternly making Taehyung freeze and look up at him.

"It's better than the other names I've heard… twenty-six." He informed then started to list the others.

"Brain-dead...twenty-seven…"

"Husk of Flesh..ew..twenty...ugh..eight.." he was starting to struggle.

"Hollow...boy..tweeennnty...niiiinnee" 

"Sack of bones.. thiiiirty!" He stopped and stared at Briggs sweat running down his face. He hated pushups, which is why Briggs made him do it. You'd think he'd learn not to play around so much. But, he couldn't help himself sometimes. 

"Continue…" commanded Briggs.

"The name calling or the pushups?" Taehyung asked sarcastically his arms starting to shake. Briggs narrowed his eyes, and pointed towards the ground, not losing his perfect push up position. Taehyung whined, his arms hurt so bad.

"Bionic Boy….thirty-one… that ones not terrible.. thirty-two.." 

Briggs shook his head in frustration, standing up he looked over at Giles whose face had gone slack. He was staring at another Instructor across the way. 

"FIFTY!!! LOST BOY!" Taehyung yelled as his arms gave out, falling hard onto the dusty floor. Briggs laughed at him, looking a little perturbed.

"Okay, now go run the wall for 15 minutes." He commanded not looking at Taehyung. His eyes now fixed on Giles. He could hear the boy groan as he stood up, saying little profanities under his breath as his feet softly shuffled away. 

"Giles!" He yelled forcefully at the tall man. He snapped out of his state, and stared wide- eyed at Briggs. 

"What? What happened? He asked confused. Briggs just waved for him to come closer before he spoke in a hushed voice. 

"Why are you reading Langley's mind?" 

Giles threw his head back, raking his long slender fingers through his hair in frustration. 
Maybe it wasn't just Taehyung who noticed. 

"Wang is having me check everyone… I even tried to read that Jungkook boy a few days back. Strangest headspace I've been in. I don't recommend it. I had to see a witch doctor after." He fumbled with his words tugging mindlessly at a black leather band on his wrist.