Take Caution

Night was approaching and shadows were pooling around the trees with every passing day his hatred grew. The faun promised him everything and yet he gave him nothing. The Lilies gave him nothing except a burning hatred for all things filled with light. He couldn't remember his past after the darkness consumed him choking out the light that came first. It was too overwhelming the vines squeezed his heart taking over his body, his mind, and even his broken soul. He was screaming for help, begging for someone to see him in the depths of the dark pools that had replaced his once happy eyes. Why had he allowed the greed and thirst to consume him?

He was hated by everyone he crossed paths with. A haunting dream of a woman with silver blonde hair chased him through the night, screaming for him to come back. But when he turned to reach for her, she vanished in a wisp of white mist. She was his light and he had no clue who or where she was. His actions are his own, the darkness only steered him, tainting his thoughts with hatred. Every now and then the light would flicker reminding him of his humanity. Every time a new memory revealed.

"AMARI!!!" Wang's strained voice screamed through the Hollows. "AMARI!!" He screamed until his voice gave out. As he trudged through the brush and trees he came into the clearing. A broken-down house coming into view. Dark vines had long since pulled it down into ruins, the windows were shattered, and the door hung from its hinges. Stepping through the doorway he saw a small cradle with moth-eaten white cloths hanging stiff in the air above it. What he had hoped to find in here was a faun, but his eyes fell upon a memory that was no longer his.

[[Memory]]

"He never cries..." she sobbed her hands trembling as she watched the boy turn a blue color, a clear indication that he was choking. His little frame was shaking but his face aside from his mouth hanging open was void of panic, fear, or anything for that matter. It scared her to death patting the baby boy upside down to dislodge the piece of meat. It flew out his mouth rolling across the cool tile. A few seconds later the baby's mouth closed, and it went back to sleep. No harm came to him; however, he could see it hurt the mother tremendously.

[[End Memory]]

He felt for her wanting nothing more than to pull her into a tight hug and tell her everything would be okay. How could he though? He didn't even know where or who she was, aside from her memories that were attached to the decrepit home in the Hollows. Wang searched the little home taking his time to leave no stone unturned.

"You won't find what you are looking for..." a thick guttural voice whispered. It was the faun, Amari... he had been watching the man for what seemed like hours, when it had only been seconds. Time was altered in the Hollows you could go in one day and end up in the middle of the following week. You could even go back in time depending on when you entered the hollows. However, nothing changed here. Everything was lost here with no hope of ever retrieving the things that had fallen. Thanks to the smoke that consumed it years ago.

Wang turned to face the creature hiding in the dark corner. His white skin was aglow, and his gray white eyes were gleaming. "Wang you are running out of time... The darkness has nearly consumed your soul. Once it is done it will wreak havoc on this city. You must fight back. Find the one who holds your heart, and you shall be free." It's tone waivered as it spoke.

"Amari..." he began taking a step towards it. The faun tensed up shifting its hooves to run. "Advice is all I have. Take caution, all will be revealed in the days that follow."

"Amari you lied to me!" Wang yelled a trace of fear skipped through his voice. The faun's face fell into a deep frown, causing lines to crease around it's cheeks and forehead. "What do you care of my soul!? You didn't try to stop me back then..." He cried trying to move closer to the faun. He wasn't able to.

Amari escaped through the broken window deep into the hollows. Wang cursed loudly shoving the decrepit cradle snapping its stand into pieces. Falling to his knees he exhaled heavily looking at his hands in despair.

"Who am I?" he asked.

"You are the darkness." Whispered a deep sinister voice. Wang looked around feeling the black vines creep up his neck again. Losing himself once more to the evil within.

AMARI

Amari stepped through the willow at the center of the Hollows. Inside the trees were a vibrant green the ground laid with luscious emerald green grass that felt soft under his hooves.

"AMARI YOU'RE BACK!!" A little voice squealed excitedly. Tiny the tree nymph came into view dancing happily, her yellow skin glowing bright much like the sun.

"Yes, my child." He smiled down at her taking her small hand walking along the stream towards the little huts lining the dirt path. All the creatures seemed to be in good spirits. Even the dragons were flying around the top of the dome. He was thankful for the Angel that protected them. She hasn't been back much trying to avoid being caught and the Hollows were taxing on her. She created the dome to cast out the darkness to keep them safe. From the outside you cannot see it due to enchantments made by the witch doctor who lives near the Galla. Although her age has caused her to forget about them, and they remain safe even with the probing from mind readers.

"The dome is starting to fail..." her voice was full of sadness. "We cannot survive here much longer... Jack was consumed by a shadow veil yesterday."

"Jack?"

"Yes, he ventured too close to the wall near the gardens, and it's tendrils surrounded him." A tear fell down her cheek. Amari looked around to see that even though they were happy they were also sad and fearful.

"We have 3 moons before we can come back. The hope is resting on two children of the light."

The little tree nymph smiled wiping her puffy cheeks running off into a hut nearby. She was always good at giving information about what had happened while he was gone. He journeyed in the Hollows often to try and find any information out. Also, to seek out the children... Alas neither one had appeared to him, just Wang.