Distracted Boy

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
A/N: I apologize for the late updates. There are 12 chapters left in this book. We are almost to the Dawn of the Lilies. Will they be cast into the darkness forever? Or will light prevail?
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

It was colder this morning a fog had set in and everyone just seemed to be dragging their feet. Except for Jungkook, he was running towards the training warehouse. Not because he was late more so for the extra workout. When he got closer, he slowed to a jog when he saw Taehyung standing with his hand resting on the handle of the door.

"Are you going in?" Jungkook asked startling Taehyung who turned clutching his chest.

"Sheesh... Give me a heart attack!" He screeched, Jungkook just stared at him waiting for him to open the door so they could go inside to train. Taehyung swung the door open and waved his hand towards the inside Jungkook didn't even spare a glance at him as he passed.

In the training room Jungkook was stretching as Taehyung entered a few moments later once he had collected himself. How could someone forget that and feel nothing after? He pouted plopping down onto the training matt kicking out his feet. Leaning forward to touch his toes he watched Jungkook who was in his own little feelingless bubble.

"ON YOUR FEET!" Called Briggs striding up to the mat. Both boys jumped up snapping to attention. Briggs looked from one to the other with his hands laced behind his back.

"Today we are going to train harder and longer. The 3rd moon approaches and with it the dawn of lilies. You must be prepared to protect Wang at all costs."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, he detested that man and would do no such thing. Honestly, he was only doing it so his dad wouldn't get in trouble. Although it did come with its perks... even if it was emotionless.

"Taehyung, drop and give me 75 pushups." Briggs commanded Taehyung fell dramatically to the floor taking his sweet time to get up in the ready position.

"Jungkook I want you to run 30 laps then return. Move."

Jungkook didn't move, his eyes were fixed on the boy who was whining about doing pushups. Briggs raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"JUNGKOOK!" At that Jungkook snapped back to attention.

"Sir."

"45 Laps. Move." Briggs commanded again adding an additional 15 laps for not paying attention which was unlike him. Jungkook took off running at his usual pace every now and then he would glance over at Taehyung who was completely oblivious.

"2 for all the cookies..." Taehyung groaned going back down for another pushup. Briggs sighed shaking his head. The boy had gotten better at them he just complained the whole damn time.

"Suffer in silence Taehyung."

BAM!

Both Briggs and Taehyung jumped at the noise looking over to see what it was they found Jungkook knocked out. He had run smack into one of the wooden walls used for scaling.

"What the hell?" Briggs murmured confused running over to where the boy lay on the ground a giant goose egg forming on the side of his head.

"Is he okay?" Taehyung asked worriedly kneeling down to place a hand on Jungkook's chest. He looked up at Briggs a second later eyes wide.

"What?"

"His heart is racing." He looked back down at the unconscious boy a warm light forming under his hand. Jungkook's chest heaved and the bump on his head receded sitting up he rubbed his forehead in confusion.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked sitting down on his butt crisscrossed.

"what?"

"Get up Jungkook. Finish your laps."

Jungkook nodded getting up and running off. Taehyung scowled at Briggs who just shrugged then pointed to the mats.

"Push."

"Ugh... Friggin slave driver!" Taehyung complained running over to the mats.

Briggs listened as Taehyung complained while watching Jungkook closely. The boy seemed distracted and several times Briggs caught him looking over at the mats a weird expression on his face. Almost as if he was trying to figure out something.

"30 you blasted tiger lily!" yelled Taehyung.

"45 to go."

The boy groaned continuing his workout. Jungkook came to a halt in front of the mats staring down at Taehyung. He was finished with his laps waiting for further instruction but whenever Briggs spoke, he would always have to repeat himself today.

"JUNGKOOK FRONT AND CENTER!" Briggs barked he had grown tired of repeating himself. Jungkook turned to look at Briggs eyes trained ahead per his usual stance.

"You need to focus."

"Yes sir." Jungkook said quietly.

Taehyung had stopped pushing to look up at the two of them.

"He seems pretty focused to me." He smirked at Jungkook who looked at him, his ears turning a slight pink. Taehyung's face lit up at the reaction.

JUNGKOOK

"Jungkook what's going on with you?" Briggs asked taking in the reaction my reaction from before. My ears feel hot and I don't understand it.

"Can I run some more?" I asked not looking at anyone but the wall behind Briggs head. If I didn't look at him, I wouldn't get confused.

"Go." Briggs gestured to the wall and I hauled ass towards it. He didn't tell me how many laps, but I ran anyway. I continued to run until he called for me to return to the mats. When I got back to the mats, I realized that Taehyung was now running. He already looked what was it? Oh... Exhausted. Right...

"ready position one."

Instantly I squared my shoulders kicking my leg back forearms up. I was ready... but, my eyes drifted to where Taehyung was hunched over breathing heavy, so I didn't see Briggs fist when it connected with my face.

"DAMMIT JUNGKOOK! FOCUS!"

I stared at the boy who was now looking back at me, his cheeks were flushed but he appeared to be...Happy?

"JUNGKOOK!" Yelled Briggs he seemed... what was it. Angry... Yes. That's it. Jumping up I readied myself again. He came at me hard. Slamming his elbow down on my shoulder I retaliated with a side kick that sent him spiraling backwards into the mannequins.

"Good... Don't let me get a hit in though." Briggs smirked then charged at me once more. He swung at me, so I grabbed his arm hitting him with a palm heel strike to the chest. I probably should not have hit him so hard. Briggs coughed furiously grasping his chest. He was struggling to breathe going down on his knees.

"Go-good..." He wheezed. Taehyung came rushing over to assist, it would seem after that day in the clearing he had gained a good bit of my attention.

"Are you okay?" He asked Briggs his hand on his shoulder. My chest heated and my hands clenched. I don't understand. I don't understand any of this.

"I'm fine." Briggs breathed out, Taehyung removed his hand from his shoulder, and I relaxed. Or at least I think that's what it was. Standing up Briggs brushed himself off and stared at me for a long time.

"I changed my mind. I think we are done for the day."

"NO!" His voice rang through the room, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"That boy hasn't been focused at all. He needs to train longer. If you can't handle it. I will take over."

Wang appeared in a swirl of black smoke the vines snaking around him as he approached the mats. Taehyung visibly tensed up, so I moved to stand in front of him. I had to protect him.

"What's this?" Wang snarled a vine piercing through his eye socket. I readied myself for whatever this man decided to do. He would not harm Taehyung.