Halos

"Hi Kookie" Jungkook's mom smiled, wrapping him in a warm hug. He hugged her back stiffly, which she was use to. The raven-haired boy didn't know any better or how to hug differently.

All he knew is what she told him. Deep inside she struggled with the coldness of it all. She would often beg the head scientist Rico to run more tests. But, he couldn't— he was bound by the very man who stole her husband from her years before.

"How was your day?" Normal question for anyone. Jungkook on other other hand just stared blankly in response. Mentally face palming herself, knowing all to well that wouldn't get an answer. Jungkook's mom asked a different question.

"What did you do today?" This time his eyes lit up in understanding. " Well, I trained with Briggs and by his mannerisms I think he was... what's the emotion..." he thought for moment.

"Ah... pleased. Yes.. I think that was it."

She nodded, smiling softly.

Jungkook continued.

"I broke a man's wrist today. Maybe a few other bones. I think."

She gasped, running towards the door. Ayla looked hard down the street. Half expecting to see the Halos running up.

Halos were what was once called Police. They kept the peace. Although unlike the men from before who fought for justice. These men attacked people for the reasons of one man.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Her eyes flashed in what she had said was anger. Perhaps a trace of something else. What was it? That was much like fear. No... she was in a state of panic laced with fear. Her hands were trembling, her breathing seemed uneasy.

"Eomma... It's okay." He tried to reason. Her head snapped back towards him so fast, it looked like her neck would break.

"Young man it is not okay. It is not okay to hurt people! What was your reasoning! The Halos could take you from me! Oh my Lilies.." she folded in on herself.

Jungkook had never done anything like this until he started training. Ayla hated that damn man. Still, there was nothing she could do.

"It was the man. He is what you would call a predator. He is what you would call creepy. He winked at me, then when I left the Gala he followed me... he grabbed my wrist. I just did what I was taught in training." He answered flatly dropping to his knee to rest a hand on his mom's shoulder. She shook while rocking, a little. Her eyes brimmed with tears.

"I'm sorry Kookie... I should have listened first. The orbs should have picked up on that." She patted his cheek as he stared blankly at her.

"Okay." He got up, disappearing into his room. That's when her tears fell down her cheek. 19 years, he still didn't feel emotions.

Not a single one.

Whhhhhiiiirrrrrlll

She turned her palm toward the ceiling, pressing the silver diamond on her wrist. Briggs face appeared for the second time today.

"He attacked someone!" She yelled at the floating head in her hand. Briggs looked surprised at the sudden out burst first. Almost instantly his features softened.

"What happened?" Briggs asked.

"He said the man winked at him, and then grabbed his wrist when he was walking home..."

"So.... He protected himself. Based on careful calculations of the situation." Briggs thought.

Ayla glared at him. "What if that man saw that he dropped something! What if he was just trying to give it to him?!!"

He pursed his lips, while pondering what she had just suggested. It was possible, but even without feelings, or the emotions to properly weigh out a person's actions. Jungkook was always level headed, and wouldn't attack someone without the probable cause to do so. His training had taught him that. So in order to placate the stressed out beauty he adored so much, he smiled and told her, "I'll talk with the Halos, and then check the ORBs after."

((A/N: ORBs stands for Observation Relay Beacons.))

Seemingly pleased she returned his smile and thanked him before shaking her wrist. His floating head disappearing like a mist. She sat there for a while until the sun began to set. The orange and purple hues painting the sky beautifully. Stars began to appear, and the night creatures made their songs for all to hear. This was her peace, a memory of a time once lost.

[[Memory]]

"Ayla he is beautiful... we did good." Jackson cooed at the little pink baby with a head full of dark brown hair. Ayla's heart swelled with love for the two of them. Jackson's eyes were so full of an adoring love. It was breathtaking and the sky showing through the gentle sway of the white curtains made it eve more so. How the colors went from an orange to purple, and fading into a dark blue speckled with tiny stars that twinkled happily.

[[End Memory]]

She began to sob for the man she had lost. Although he was very much alive. But, the man from her memories was taken by greed, and a thirst for power. Ayla swore to herself after that night that she would protect Jungkook from him. That he would not know his father. The memory she would share would be that he had died in the Dawn of the Lilies. Then describe him as the man he was before Amari arrived, and convinced him he could have it all.

"Eomma?" Jungkook questioned. She looked up at him, wiping her eyes with her purple apron. "Yes my sweet boy."

"What is....Anxiety?" He asked monotone. She eyed him with an eyebrow raised. Baisley must be at it again with elixirs she thought.

"Anxiety... well, it's when you are overwhelmed at particular situations. Your brain reacts to it causing your chest to tighted almost making it hard to breathe, and you just want to get away from that situation or thing making you feel that way. That's an anxiety attack... hang on. Anxiety is much like fear. But. not quite... ugh I'm terrible at this sometimes..." she chuckled.

Of course he just nodded sitting down at the small table with a succulent in a pale blue vase sitting in the center.

She cooked dinner per the usual mundane way instead of using her ability. It made it easier to keep her mind busy. They sat in silence, he wasn't asking questions about emotions anymore. Which was kinda a relief, but she missed his voice. After dinner he helped wash dishes, and then again disappeared for bed. No word of goodnight. So, in a way she pretended that he was a normal teenager in a mood because of her scolding earlier. Deep down she knew the truth though.