The Hilltop

The darkness had rolled in, laying a thick blanket of despair upon all who roamed about the dimly lit city. Shadow bunnies ran about laughing as they snatched up wayward people one by one. No one really knew what happened other than Wang was the culprit. He always was, and now three friends stand between total darkness and a chance at true balance.

They stood ready, Jimin was packed to the hilt with elixirs and potions. Jungkook was dressed in an all black tunic with a white sash wearing a blank expression. Taehyung stood beside him bouncing on his feet in an all white tunic and a black sash. He was bubbling with energy, not a care in the world. Jazzy sat on Jungkook's shoulder waiting for instructions on when to set off the fireworks. The arrangement of color and light was supposed to distract Wang, in theory.

Anytime he would try to dissipate the idea was to light one up. Distracting him enough so Jungkook can put him down, then start the ritual of the Lilies.

However, Wang was nowhere to be seen. They could barely see five feet in front of them because of the darkness. So he could be watching them and they would never know it until he struck his first blow.

The air crackled with electricity as black snake-like tendrils whipped out and around Jimin jerking him into the tree line. A loud cry followed by an eerie thud put Jungkook and Taehyung on alert.

Taehyung was shaking moving a little closer to Jungkook who tensed but then he refocused. His eyes trained on where he had last seen Jimin disappear.

They dared not to make a sound, then it struck again. Wrapping around Jungkook's waist jerking him but his feet stayed planted. Taehyung's hands lit up with a blinding white light. He looked angry when he touched the ghastly tendrils that assaulted Jungkook.

They made a loud hissing noise the moment his hands touched them, recoiling away back into the darkness.

Jungkook followed quickly.

"Jungkook! Wait!!" Taehyung shrieked watching the boy disappear. Panic shot through him as his eyes darted from one side of the hill top to the other.

"I can't see anything..." he whimpered shivering.

A twig snapped behind him making him jump. When he turned around he was faced with the one person he didn't want to be found alone with.

Wang.

"The darkness has devoured your friends. You should succumb to it as well." Taehyung grimaced, as if he would even consider that. Those dark eyes like black pools of sorrow glared at him.

The light had been fizzled out with the passing hours leading up to now.

"You think you can take on the lilies?"

"I know I can." Taehyung said with a shaky voice. His confidence failed him when Jungkook disappeared into the darkness. Wang circled around him, the black tendrils whipping in the air all over him.

Taehyung found it hard to breathe. It was as if the air was sucked from this lungs. He hadn't realized that the tendrils had wrapped around his legs sinking deep into his flesh. He wanted to scream but when he opened his mouth nothing came out. Wang laughed evilly inching closer with every passing minute and then he was gone.

Jungkook appeared sweat forming on his brow and a most peculiar look. Jimin showed up shortly after him a wide smile on his face.

"It's starting... Jungkook get in place. Tae..."

Jimin stopped talking, they weren't listening to him. Their eyes were locked on each other. He cleared his throat to speak once more.

"Guys! Get it together!"  

Both boys snapped out of it. Taehyung's cheeks tinted a slight pink, while Jungkook took a step closer to him.

Pop!

Wang rolled into the clearing on a sea of black snakes. He no longer looked human. The darkness had absorbed him entirely.

"Jimin now!" Shrieked Taehyung yanking Jungkook towards him.

The clearing burst into white light. A loud screeching noise could be heard followed swiftly by an eerie silence that sent chills down everyone's spine.