May darkness wilt

After days rummaging through his notebook of feelings and expressions that came with them. Jungkook closed the book staring out his window at the night sky. He'd probably never understand it. All he knew was that he wanted that feeling again.

Jazzy hopped on the windowsill cheerfully.

"Hi Kookie!" She giggles waving her tiny hands. He just stared at her blankly. Which she had gotten used to so she just smiled and fluttered over to sit on his shoulder.

"Whatcha looking at Kookie?"

"The night sky. It looks..." Jungkook pondered for a moment. "Peaceful... I guess you would say."

Jazzy nodded. "I love it."

Jungkook tensed at the words causing Jazzy to jump.

"What?" She asked the right question.

"That word. Can you describe it to me?"

"Of course I can" Jazzy beamed settling back down on Jungkook's shoulder. She sat there tapping her chin thinking for a moment.

"Well... there are different forms of love..." she began. Now that she had really thought about it. She really couldn't give him the answer he was looking for. She knew of love. She knew she cared for the boy. But, Jazzy just couldn't put it into words.

"Love is an indescribable emotion." That was the answer she settled for. Jungkook nodded sighing before getting up and leaning against the window ledge.

"I think I know." He whispered.

Whiiiiiiirrrrrrrl....

His arm flashed blue and then Briggs face appeared.

"You ready for tomorrow?"

In truth he wasn't... what was required of him was far more taxing than any workout or spar he had ever witnessed. But, he would put forth his best effort and protect the innocence of the Burrow.

"In theory"

"Great. Jimin and Taehyung will meet you in the clearing from there you go into the Hollows. Remember the best advantage we have is to distract him. Stay focused!"

Jungkook shook his wrist to make Briggs' head disappear. He didn't think he would get distracted, but there was one thing that could draw his attention elsewhere. Although he wasn't ready to confront that yet.

——-

"Dad watch this!" Jimin bounced around excited about his new potion. It was a brilliant neon green with a constant flow of bubbles.

"That's marvelous son... but what is it?" His father was a scientist but he never really created anything. His son was the mad scientist of elixirs and potions. Always brewing up new things that caused a lot of change in their little burrow.

"Fireworks."  Jimin said matter-of-factly taking the vial to go outside onto the damp luscious green grass. His smile spread across his face making his eyes disappear as he threw it at the ground.

Sparks flew everywhere in vibrant colors. Some straight up in the air, while others arched and fell back down to the earth. It was a sight to behold.

"Your mind." His dad smiled proudly at him.

Jimin beamed and cheered throwing another vial.

———

Taehyung stood at the edge of the Hollows. There in the depths of its shadows he could see the faint outline of a house lost in time, and a pair of luminescent green eyes staring back at him.

Amari moves closer to him fading in and out of the moonlight. Almost as if he was a ghost. When he was just close enough his form solidified all his scars from battles on full display.

"Are you ready?" He whispered. Taehyung nodded handing him the white and black vial.

"But what of Jungkook and the others?" His tone was hushed. The Faun just stared at him, his eyes steadily changing to white.

"They each have a roll in this. One more than the rest, but equal to yours, do not fear the unknown child. The unknown is the beginning to an end."

Taehyung shifted his feet staring adamantly at the hooved feet of the Faun.

"We can win." He said determined and the Faun smiled.

"May the darkness wilt in the might of your light."