(Chapter 3)

I was a few minutes late for English, but Ollie was outside waiting for me.

"Where were you?" she asked, her eyes wide with worry. "You're so late, and - oh my god."

"What?" I asked. I'd tried to smooth down my hair, and reapplied my lip gloss, so I should look normal. "What's wrong?"

"Did you...hook up with someone?"

Wow. She is totally f-ing psychic.

"How did you know?"

She stretched out a finger, and pointed at the place Max had touched a couple minutes ago. Maybe she is psychic. I looked down to the place she was pointed at, expecting to see normal, unblemished skin, but -

"FUCK!" I yelled, and my hand went to my chest, covering the spot. "Oh my GOD! I can't believe Max did this on me!"

"Max," Olivia said, her eyes widening. "Max Collins? He was the guy who gave you that hickey?"

"Yes! Oh my GOD! How the hell am I going to get it off?" I started trying to scratch it off, but Olivia took my hand to stop me.

"Calm down," she said. "Let's go to the toilets it cover it up. I've got some concealer just your shade."

I muttered thanks. I will so kill that guy, hot A&F model look-a-like or not. God, he was such a douche. How dare he mark my precious body?! I'm going to rip his head off the next time I see him! Ok, my defence plan against his amazing pheromones is that I basically just avoid contact! Yes, that was right!

It looked so much worse in the mirror. A massive red mark, just above my cleavage. My new shoulder-length hair couldn't cover it up, and even Ollie's concealer didn't work much - you could still see it. I had to do the trick I'd learned a couple years ago - massage the area to get the blood-flow going. God, I can't believe Max has reduced me to this. He's so ruined my day.

"Ollie?" I asked, standing up so suddenly I make her jump. "I'll just skip today. I can't be seen in school like this, okay? I'll see you."

And I ran out of the toilets, leaving her there, ignoring her as she yelled, "No, don't you'll get in trouble!". Thank God this was a cheap public school, and they didn't have the semi-prison CCTV cameras we had, and so it was perfectly fine for me to climb over the school wall, the only thing between me and outside world. I slid my foot into the places where the rock was crumbling (god, this place was old), and I was completely balanced until the top. I shivered from the cold bricks, and then I missed the hole with my stupid boots, and...

Oh GOD, I was going to fall, I was going to bang my head and snap my neck, and they'll find me there, the incredibly well-dressed pretty dead girl trying to skip school, OH MY GO -

I fell, closing my eyes, waiting to hit the cold, hard ground. Then I stopped, suddenly. I waited for the pain, but none came, so I opened my eyes. I was in someone's very well toned, muscular arms...But who's?

Tom Hall. A&F God Number 2.

"You can let me down, now," I said, after the normal hug time had well passed.

"Oh," he said, flushing. "Right."

He dropped me. No, not "bang-drop-on-the-cold-hard-ground", but gentle sort of "straightening". I realized my top had suddenly risen up a couple inches, and Tom could probably see the belly-button ring I'd gotten last year secretly in spring break, so I pulled down my top. Tom seemed nothing like Max - he was way sweeter, and seemed pretty cute. Maybe that's why Ollie had dibs on him. Cute matches cute, right?

"Is that your car?" I said, walking up to the gorgeous silver Mercedes SLR McLaren behind him - nothing as awesome as my Ferrari Enzo, but no car is better than my Ferrari. Well, apart from the Bugatti Veyron, but that's just another story.