i

i've always been chubbier than the rest of my peers

i've always been chubbier than the rest of my peers. ever since i was a kid and all throughout primary and middle school, i would gain weight rapidly. it never really bothered me, i've always felt comfortable in my own skin, in my own body. . .

i didn't really care much about my looks, at least until half of middle school. i loved food - i enjoyed eating it and savouring its taste, making sure i'd never forget it. i was never picky about my food, though i did enjoy junk food such as sweets a little bit too much.

my sister would always tell me to be careful with what i ate, with what i put in my body and with the portions of food i consumed, and yet, i didn't really care. i think, as a kid and even as a young teen, you don't really realize how important food is and how important good nutrition is until you're older. to me, food was always my guilty pleasure. my escape from everyday life. a way for me to enjoy life. something that made me happy. i never thought of it as something you needed in order to live or as something that could affect your health greatly.

throughout primary school and middle school, my weight had always been a target by the bullies at my school. they'd call me names, they'd make fun of me for it and they'd even laugh about it.

it did affect me.

greatly.

no one wants to be made fun of. no one wants to be a laughing stock. no one wants to be a target to hurtful words. . .