viii

i huffed, hands pressed up against the yoga mat that laid on the floor of my room

i huffed, hands pressed up against the yoga mat that laid on the floor of my room. it was around 8 pm and i decided to exercise. i had been watching healthy lifestyle videos ever since october and it was around february that i decided to actually implement healthy eating and exercising in my own lifestyle. i had come to terms with the fact that i ate way too much junk food and that it was doing more harm than good.

as a family we didn't consume much takeout, we always cooked our own food - we just bought way too many unhealthy snacks and didn't really have any self control when it came to them. well, i didn't.

"jisoo! come eat dinner! there's seafood risotto!" i heard my father call from the kitchen. i paused for a moment, before shaking my head and continuing to exercise.

"no, thank you!" i yelled back, before laying on my back and beginning to do crunches.

it was around five minutes later that the door of my room opened and my mom poked her head in and saw me exercising. she didn't say anything about that, only asked me if i was going to eat the risotto she cooked. i apologized and told her i wasn't hungry, before continuing to follow the video on my laptop. she tried to convince me to eat just a little at least, but i refused. she left the room after a bit, and i continued exercising for the following two hours.