Chapter 1 - The Sense of Living in Beauworth

I rolled myself, pulling the sheets all over me, I felt the cold breeze coming from the opened window. Not new to me.

This wasn't new when you're living in town called Beauworth at Washington, where you can experience rainfall much and meet snow every first week of November, which I really love the most in this place.

I don't hate the sun, maybe the sun hates Beauworth. I just get used to this kind of place where I can only feel heat somehow in the month of July or in our fire place or a heater, I think. I love here because I lived here through my whole life.

Beauworth has its exact population of 2,704 but changes whenever some decided to leave the town for college or just get tired in what they said as an old quiet town.

I keep my feet rubbing another, waiting for that alarming voice every morning.

"Liz! wake up!"

It's my mom, Kris Sullivan. She's a mom every kid wishes to have - I meant kids not adults. She's sweet, caring, I mean too caring that won't let me go out alone without knowing who I'll be with. She doesn't care even I'm old enough, like I'm the only daughter of her.

"Coming mom... I'm coming!" I shouted. I don't want to see her scary foreheead veins so I quickly folded my blanket which needs a call for laundry - it smells like a dog. But yes, we have a dog, his name was Marley.

"Yes... I'm up." he's licking my face so I got up, reached for my knitted sweater.

I saw my messy hair on a reflection of a mirror built-in in a dresser so I tied it up.

As I went downstairs, I saw same faced, a 50 years old and a late 20s women, sitting opposite to each other at the wooden chairs in the kitchen. It was mom and Kate. They have those same features - straight thick beautiful brown hair, almond-shaped eyes, straight nose and perfectly curved face - too different from mine. I'm more like my father, wavy black hair, doe-dull eyes, a nose with prominent bridge - which I find so weird for a girl's face, luckily it's not too Roman like my dad's - and a normal face shape, round I think. But we have the same chocolate brown eyes and pale colored skin.

In our house, I lived with my mom and my older sister Kate. Kate was a nurse. She's working in a hospital not too far but one hour away from here somewhere at Port Angeles. That hospital she's working at was the place where my mom used to work too.

We're not that rich, just enough to suffice what we need everyday. But maybe 'they are', mom and Kate or even my grandma who owns the EverGreen Coffee Shop.

Thanks, my dad somehow sends money for me and Kate enough to pay for some expenses.

"Hey Liz, a cup of coffee, please."

"Yes mom." I replied. "Kate?" I offered and Kate just raised her eyebrows which means yes, so I put three cups on the table and put some hot brewed coffee in it.

We are that kind of people who talk less at breakfast. Coffee is what we always need every morning or even in meals especially this place would make you more into hot drinks than cold ones and if your new here, you're easily be distinguished. You'll be wearing too thick clothes while people from here won't and prefer anything even long sleeves are enough to cover themselves.

I snatched my phone on my pocket to check for some messages, while my sister and mom are getting ready for work. I turned on the radio to somehow set my morning mood and I felt Marley's paws on my feet.

"Oh sorry, I almost forgot." I took the cup I used to measure food for Marley to avoid over-feeding. "Here you go." I let him fed himself under the sink.