Chapter 5 - The Sense of Going Portland

I was unable to move for a period of time.

"Oh My GOD!!!" Barb screamed.

I was shocked too, but I can't speak a word. I softly held Kate's shoulders, removing her arms around me and looked at her from head to toe - she's really fine

"What happen?" I asked, still confused.

I heard snorts and laughs from her and even from Charles. I composed myself, waiting for any explanations.

"Owww yah... explain this Kate!" Barb demanded.

"Sorry," Kate said as I glared at her, "Shut up Barb! you know about this."

I shifted to Barb.

"Oops, Sorry," Barb giving me a v-sign on her hands.

"We're going now. Where are your stuffs?" I put down my hands to Kate. I kept my voice down because we are not in our house.

"Oh come on Liz," Barb pleased, stomping her feet - so she really knows this.

I'm still out of nowhere and so blank on what's happening.

Charles stood up to his chair and still smiling. He walks towards Kate and wrapped his arms on her shoulders, "Sorry too Elizabeth..."

"Liz," I corrected.

"Okay, Liz," he continued as he flickered his eyes on me then back to Kate, "I asked your parents if they could allow Kate to spent a two-day vacation here with me..."

"And?" I raised my eyebrows and widened my eyes, signaling to Kate for her to explain this instead of her beloved ginger-doctor-boyfriend.

I and Kate fights sometimes but I never got mad; she knows that I never get mad for not even a minute. I just hate her when she tricked me especially when someone-was-hurt/sick pranks.

Kate rolled her eyes on me. "Okay... Mom agreed but dad won't let me go without you. I called Barb to plan this. Also I want you to go with me and enjoy - after your graduation, you find a job then never go out or even chill."

"I can chill and enjoy even I'm in our house," I mumbled, feeling so uncomfortable from what I'm hearing.

"Yuh-huh" Barb sarcastically said, "And what? watch rewind sports games, eating junk foods?"

I want to shut their mouths now. I don't know if they realize we are not the only people in the room. And what's wrong. I love staying at home.

"Please, Liz" Kate then grabs my hand and when I observed her eyes, it's more convincing that she really want this vacation.

I looked to Charles and he just gave me that pleasing smile and I shift to Barb who repeatedly raising her eyebrows and nodding at me.

"Okay... Okay..." I gave up, raising my both hands, "Just let me call Grandma or Joe because I just started working at the coffee shop so they'll kill me for not being there for two days. I also need to ask Aunt Becky to feed Marley. "

"Done!" Kate said smiling at me, "Granny will be staying with Dad and Mom at Florida for a week because of Aunt Carol, then Dad asked Joe to be with us, maybe as his eyes - you know dad..." she speaks fast that make Charles laughed, "while Aunt Becky said yes about taking care of Marley, I already gave her our key."

"You really planned this, huh?" I'm still amazed, "Wait - Florida? I thought they'll just be going at Seattle," I frowned "And what? the coffee shop will be closed for the whole week?"

That's weird. I just started to work there and after two days of working Grandma will closed for a week? I wonder how sick Aunt Carol was.

"Duh! They lied. It's Florida and about the coffee shop, you know how Granny loves Aunt Carol and me." she chuckled "Maybe that's why she said yes when I asked to let you off for two days and she'd already met Charles."