Chapter 7 - The Sense of Knowing better

I supposed to stop him but he chose to go.

"Where have you bee...."

Barb's eyes darted Ethan, who's now walking away. The moment he saw her, he turned and disappeared without saying a word.

"Is that Ethan?" Joe asked.

"Let's just go back to our rooms," I suggested.

I don't know what happened, he just leave his words. He'd mentioned something like he kniws me before or maybe I was just mkstaken.

I remember when I first met him on the coffee shop, he just know my name just because of Charles and Kate. But after hearing him now it seems like he really know me back before we met.

I'm starting to be curious about him. I really didn't remember anything. Like what Barb said to me - it was impossible not to remember him.

It was dinner time but I decided to stay in my room, I'm still full after having that meal.

My phone rings.

"Hello," I said. I checked the caller's name, it's Rob.

"Hey, Are you busy?"

"No, why? I'm actually in Portland with Barb and Kate," I replied.

After the party in Barb's house this was the first time he called again.

He haven't saying a word so I continued, "Can you call later? I'll just look for Barb incase you want to talk to her too. She's just having her dinner."

I heard him exhaled,

"I broke up with Nat."

I can't think of any word to say, Barb was more good at changing topics than I do.

"I'm sorry to hear that," I bit my nails.

He's not yet saying anything.

"Hey, Robert Jon Stewart. You know I'm bad at this so stop that, I'm getting nervous about you're silence."

"Yeah, I know," he finally speak again "I'll be at Beauworth next week so let's hang out. I heard you work at coffee shop now? Barb texted me, let's talk about that."

"Huh. Fine." How fast news really was.

"Bye."

Then he hanged up.

The next morning, I want to confront Ethan but he didn't join us in breakfast.

Kate invites us to walk in the beach side after we had our breakfast. She and Barb were enjoying taking pictures.

The weather was nice, it wasn't too cold like in Beauworth. The clouds doesn't covered the sunlight, its warmth touched my arms.

"Vitamin D?"

I gasped. It was just Joe "You scared me."

"You hate sunlight." he removes his cap and wore it on me.

"Not hate. It just irritates my eyes," I was overwhelmed by his concern "but thanks."

We walked across the sandy seaside. I kept my eyes watching my feet as he breaths like he wants to say something but he's just waiting for me to ask.

"Is there something you want to say?" I narrowed my eyes on his face but for just a second because of the sunlight.

"What's with you and Ethan?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied curtly - I don't know what to say, "Why?"

"Nothing," he sneered.

His laugh sounded that something was wrong. Maybe I should have this chance to ask about him.