Chapter 6 - The Sense of A Conversation

Joe and I entered in the living room and Kate rushed the moment she saw him.

"Hey Collins, long time no see," she gave him a quick hug and Charles looked at him with amiable smile.

"So you end up together, huh?" Joe laughed as he patted Charles shoulders.

"Just got lucky," Charles clapped a handshake with him.

"Good luck bro," he teased.

Charles grinned when he stared to Kate's annoyed face.

"You!" Kate glared as she flicked Joe's forehead.

"Ouch!" he flinched, "So what's the plan?"

I just stood beside him while listening I looked around, checking if Barb was already up.

"Liz, go get Barb, I think she's still on your room." Kate patted me on my shoulder.

"Okay." I'm about to walked away but the moment I'm about to turn, I saw him again.

Ethan and Caroline together, going downstairs.

His eyes was so sleepy with his usual unexpressive face like he doesn't care to anyone. Just an hour ago, he's an annoying-weird-giant.

"Oh! here you are." Kate smiled as Caroline did the same. "Good morning... especially to you Ethan."

"Good morning," Ethan answered without even looking at her as he slumped tiredly on the long couch, leaning his back with his hands inside his pockets.

"So you came, huh?" Caroline break in, walking towards us.

I noticed that she was talking to Joe. So they really know each other?

Joe just smiled at her.

"We'd planned to go in a resort near Cannon Beach.' Charles spoke instead.

"I already reserved our rooms," Kate announced.

"Nice," Joe snapped his fingers, amazed on Kate and Charles "You're a great duo."

They just smiled to each other. The planning was quite organized since Kate was really good at this kind of things but our family never got far than the beach near Beauworth - sometimes Kate joins in company out of towns that's why she's not new on this.

"Ethan, Are you going too?" Charles asked.

I can't help to look at Ethan when Charles called him. I looked away when I saw he was staring at me before I did.

"Yah, I will." he answered.

"You Caroline?"

"Yup," Caroline replied with excitement on her beautiful face.

Joe waited on the porch when Kate and Charles asked us to pack our things.

I hurried to my room and saw Barb still asleep. I don't wake her up, I grabbed her things and arranged it in her pink luggage then I did mine in my maroon backpack.

"Hey, Barb," I tapped her arms repeatedly until she woke up, rubbing her eyes, "Change now."

"Why?" she answered with a yawn.

"They said we're going to a... resort," I mumbled as I hardly remembering the name the place"Just go and Joe was already here."

Her eyes widened, surprised "Really?"

I nodded then she jumped out of the bed, going to the bathroom.

It takes ten minutes for her to fix herself in a white cropped t-shirt and tan pants in a loose fit with a cute drawstring waist.