Chapter 6: Comfort

"Rachel." I mumble putting ice cream in my mouth.

"Yeah?" she asks. I sigh going to my closet.

"Michael asked me to meet him somewhere." I tell her. She gives me a look before coming over to my closet with me.

"You're going?" She questions. I nod.

"Yes." I answer taking out a pair of skinny jean.

"Kasey Irwin look at me." she says. I turn to face her. "You feel something for him."

"I do not." I argue

"Kasey I can see it in your eyes." she tells me taking out my favorite crop-top that read: Rebel, handing it to me.

"I do not feel anything for Michael." I tell her shaking my head. "I just met him, Rachel!"

"Right, I don't believe that one bit." she tells me. I roll my eyes walking into my bathroom.

"Come on Rach, you know I love Luke," I say as I change into my clothes.

"You don't love Luke. You think you do." she states. I come out the bathroom with my eyes narrow.

"Seriously Rachel!"

"You know you don't love Luke, you love the idea of him."

"That's nonsense Rachel!" I agrue

"You told me earlier that you wanted a break from Luke. Because he hurt you. Tell him that." Rachel says handing me my phone. I stare at her for a few seconds before clicking on Luke's Contact.

"Kasey!" he exclaims

"Luke - I um - I called you because I've been thinking. I think we need to take a break and sort out things." I tell him

"Kasey I am really sorry," he says "But, if you think this is what we need than okay. I'll always love and be your best friend."

"Goodbye Luke," I whisper

"Goodbye Beaut's," he says before the line goes dead. I breathe out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Rachel comes over to me wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"I knew you could do it. See your stronger than you even you know." she tells me, "Now go to Michael."

"Bye Rachel, thank you," I whisper.

"Hey, what are best friends for?" she says before walking out my room. I turn around to head to the bathroom, but stop suddenly as I see myself on the mirror on the wall. I don't look strong.

Walking into Starbucks, my stomach erupts in butterflies as I see Michael standing behind the counter.

"Hi." I say walking to the counter. He smiles softly.

"Hey." he replies. I lean on the counter look at the almost empty shop.

"Hot Coco, please." I say smiling at him.

"Coming right up." he says spinning around on his heels. He hands it to me shortly after. "Come on." he urges moving to the back tables. I follow closely behind.

"After you." he says. I smile sliding into the booth.

"How are you?" he asks. I laugh slightly shaking my head.

"I wish I knew how I feel right now." I respond. He looks up at me, his expression worryful.

"Why? What happened?" he questions "What do Calum do? I told him to leave you the hell alone."

"Michael hey, calm down, Calum did nothing," I say putting my hand on his arm. I've noticed he gets quit angry when someone has hurt me. He is very protective over me. In a way it makes me feel strange, because a stranger is taking up for me and feeling protective over me and  the strange thing is I'm almost completely fine with it.

"What happened?" he asks again.

"Luke," I whisper looking down at the table. "You were right, he is quit a dick."

"What happened Kasey." he asks again

"He made this comment, nothing to major, it just.. hurt?"

"What was the comment?" he asks.

"He- um he said he'd be better off going to his ex than with me because I was lying about my feelings. What was wrong with me."

"He's a dick, but I wont tell you 'I told you so'," he says making me giggle.

"You can if you want to." I tell him taking a sip of my coco. He grins.

"I told you so,"

"See? Do you feel better now?" I tease.

"Depends." he replies.

"On what?" I question.

"Do you?"

"Yeah. Michael I think I do." I tell him biting my lip.

After a while Michael suggested we take a walk through the nearby park. Yet I soon regretted, because of how damn cold it was out here.

"You cold?" Michael asks taking off his jumper. There was no way I was going to let him freeze half to death.

"No." I tell him. Obviously he was not taking no as an answer. He puts it on my shoulders as I give him a look. "You'll freeze, Michael."

"As long as you're warm." he tells me. I roll my eyes.

"So how long have you and Luke known each other?" he asks. I look over at him.

"So you see that swing set over there?" I ask pointing. He nods. "We met on that swing on September 3rd, about 10 years ago. Been best friends ever since."

"What about Calum?"

"Well our mothers know each other and he sorta asked me out when we were younger," I tell him laughing slightly "And I kinda sorta turned him down, which may or may not be why Calum hates me."

"Wow." he whispers. I look over at him and shrug.

"I've gotten over it really." I say "He can hate me if he'd like,"

"I don't understand."

"Don't understand what?" I knit my eyebrows. He turns slightly to me smiling softly.

"Why he would hate you, what is there to hate?" he asks biting his lip.

"You tell me Clifford."

"Nothing." He replies, "Nothing at all."

DON'T YOU WORRY, DON'T YOU WORRY CHILD SEE HEAVEN GOT A PLAN FOR YOU!!

i WANT A MICHAEL GORDON CLIFFORD FOR CHRISTMAS. MY LARDY BOy