Chapter 4

"Nissa!" They yelled and I screamed. I felt like I was falling for a long time, but I ended up safely in someone's arms. I turned to see it was Cyan. "Cyan!" I heard Malin say. Cyan's orange eyes peered into mine. "Stop doing dumb things." He told me as he put me down. I scoffed as I walked away. I want to get out. Out of this forest.

I started towards the the exit of the forest, but Cyan stopped me. "Malin, Kai, get inside N.P.S, we'll meet you guys in there." Cyan told them and they nodded as they walked in.

I looked up at Cyan's orange eyes as they narrowed. "Uh, um... Well, Yane told me to come and apologize to you. So I'm sorry," he said, showing no emotion, "Doesn't mean that I actually mean it." He said as he turned to walk away.

"Cyan. I should apologize to. I don't mean it either, but we're stuck with each other because of Yane's orders... At least pretend like you acknowledge me." I said and he turned to look at me.

"I do not pretend, if it's unimportant."

"So I'm not important?"

"To me, you aren't."

"Then who am I? Who am I to you?"

"A weak, poor girl with a know-it-all attitude." His words stung me. I clenched my fists in anger. "Sometimes, I think you say those things to provoke me! Tell me the truth! Who am I to you?!" I yelled at him in anger.

"I've already told you and I'm tired of you." He said and he walked away. I let him walk away, I didn't stop him, I didn't say anything else.

I started running, running out of the forest and into town. I didn't want to see anyone anymore, I'm tired of seeing Cyan and the other ninjas. I ran to Cyan's house. No one will be there, just me alone and that's fine.

I arrived there and got inside safely. I locked it up by placing a board at the end of the door, to prevent it from sliding. I lit a lantern and spread out a mat. I saw the pink paper bag on the table where I left it. I grabbed it and took the Hanbok out of the bag.

I started at the Hanbok in my hands. It only reminded me of Cyan, but I set it on the table. My kimono was dirty, but I would have to wear it to bed, I did not want to wrinkle the beautiful Hanbok. I sighed as I lied down gently on the mat. I stared up at the ceiling and tears trickled down my temples. I could only think of the harsh words Cyan told me.
Malin said that Cyan's had it hard in his life, but what could he have so hard that he could treat people like this? Not just other people, but just to me, he's not mean to the others... Is it because they are ninjas and I'm not?

I cried myself to sleep, I hated this life I have.

"Open the door!" I heard someone yell as my eyelids flung open. The sunshine peered into the room like a flashlight in the dark. I got up and they yelled again. "Nissa! I know you're in there! Open the damn door!" It's Cyan. I ignored him and I changed into the Hanbok that was folded up on the table.

"Nissa! If you're not awake you better wake up right now! This is my house, not yours! How dare you lock me out?!"

I got fed up from his yelling. "Go away! I'm sleeping!" I yelled as I paced around the room. My stomach growled and I looked through the cabinets and the small refrigerator. There was nothing to make with the limited ingredients he had.

"Nissa!" He voice boomed through the door and I sighed as I lifted the board from the door and I slid open the door. Cyan stormed in here and walked towards me. I backed up until my back hit the wall and Cyan put his face close to mine.

"If you ever, if you ever!...dare lock me out of my house again, you are dead as hell!" He yelled as saliva spat on my face. I closed my eyes, waiting for him to hit me. I heard him walk away and I slowly opened my eyes as I watched him stop at the doorway. I wiped my face with the back of my hand and Cyan turned to look at me.

"Get out!" He yelled and I scrambled out of the house. He gave me a cold glare as he slammed the door shut. I feel as if the only thing me and Cyan can do is fight with each other. Why couldn't we just get along?

I trudged down the path as I hung my head. "Nissa!" I heard a familiar voice chirp and I lifted my head to see Jaehul. "Jaehul." I said as I smiled weakly at him. "You seem free, wanna go shopping with me?" He asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure..." I said, unsure if I really wanted to go.

Jaehul grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me along as he walked quickly. "New shipments arrived and there should be some cool new things!" Jaehul said excitedly. "That's cool." I said back and we got to the market. Stands everywhere and so many things set up.

Jaehul walked up to a stand and the woman there greeted us. There was hairpins among hairpins lined up with each other. "Pick one." Jaehul said and I shook my head. "I couldn't possibly..." I told him.

"No, pick one. I want to get you something." He said as he smiled.

I sighed as I examined all the pretty hairpins. I picked up two, now I have to choose one. "Hmm, either this one or that one..." I mumbled. "I'll take both!" Jaehul said to the woman and I turned to look at him. "B-but... J-Jaehul! You don't need to get-"

"Don't be unappreciative. Just accept them." He said and I sighed loudly. He paid the woman coins and he took a hairpin from my hand and then clipped it in my hair. "So beautiful..." He said. The woman handed us a small plastic bag and I dropped the other hairpin in there.

"Thank you so much..." I told Jaehul and he smiled. "No problem! Anything for you." He said and I smiled back.

We began walking around and Jaehul held out his hand. I looked at him in confusion. "There's a lot of people, I don't want to lose you." He said and I nodded. I slowly placed my hand into his and Jaehul wrapped his fingers gently around mine. He looked at me and smiled, as his cheeks turned pink.

We walked around, holding hands, and people eyed us.

"I wonder if they're a couple!" I heard a woman whisper to her other friend.

"That's Jaehul Buri, the youngest son of the Buri family!" Another one whispered.

"...they're perfect together!"

"...how cute!"

"Beyond cute!"

My face turned red in embarrassment. "What's the matter?" Jaehul asked me. "We're getting stares..." I said and I looked away. "Too embarrassed to be seen with me?" He asked and I shook my head. "I-it's not that, it's just... Just that they're mistaken..."

"How?"

"They keep seeing us as a... As a... Couple."

Jaehul laughed, "Don't be so worried. Gossip and rumors are very popular in the Moon district." Jaehul said. But I just noticed, his face turned even redder.

"So... There's a festival tonight. To celebrate the first brown leaf, as autumn is coming..." Jaehul started, "And... Well... I was wondering if you could go with me?" He asked me and I smiled.

"I would love to go... But I don't have anything to wear."

"Don't worry, I'll buy you something to wear." He insisted as I shook my head. "I can't accept anything else from you, you already got me enough." I said.

"Don't be like that. Just accept these gifts."

"I... Thank you..."