Chapter 26

"You know him?" Cyan asked. "Not completely..." I said as sighed. "Forget it for now. Let's go back inside," I told him and he nodded. I went inside and he followed me behind. "Go help others, I'm going to find Frid," I said to Cyan and he grabbed my arm. "It'll best for you to stay away from him," Cyan said. I turned and looked at Cyan. "Just because he's not on your good list doesn't mean that he's not on mine." I yanked my arm back and I continued walking to find Frid.

I found him in the bedroom and I quietly walked in. "Knock knock," I said and Frid looked up and smiled at me. "What was wrong with him?" Frid asked me and I walked over next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about him. He can get like that," I said and Frid nodded. "Who is he?" He asked. "He's mine..." I answered and Frid nodded slowly.

Frid hugged me and I stood there unable to move. "I'm glad I was able to meet you again," he whispered into my ear and I nodded. "I know. It's been so long," I said and I pushed him away. Cyan walked in and he looked at me. "Get out," he told Frid and Frid quickly rushed out of the room. Cyan closed the door.

Cyan backed me up against a wall. He looked angry, "I told you to stay away from him."

"Look, don't stress too much about it. I'm tired of this drama. He's just an old friend."

Cyan hugged me and I hugged him back, "I love you, I'm just a little afraid of losing you." He pulled away and I put my hands on my hips.

"Afraid of losing me? I'm the one who's afraid of losing you! We're gonna go on the most dangerous mission tonight and you have to go up against tons of guards!" I bumped my head against his and I looked him in the eyes. He smiled, "I'll be fine. You have the most important job," he said and I nodded as I let out a sigh. "You guys have a lot to do. I only have something small, but large to do." Cyan nodded as he stroked my cheek with the back of his hand.

"The sun is setting..." I said as I looked out the window. "Yeah, it's going by fast. Let's check on the others," Cyan said and I nodded as we walked out of the bedroom. Everyone was finishing up and the room looked a lot more clean than it was before.

"Princess! The time is coming soon!" A man said and I looked over and nodded. "I am well aware," I said gently and I smiled.

"Your Majesty," Daegu came up to me. "Yes?" I asked. "It would be best if I went with you into Jin's room," he said and I nodded. "Of course, it feels good to have you by my side," I smiled and Daegu bowed.

"Nissa, I got you something," Yane said and I turned around. He held a black wrap, "Your very own mask for tonight." I took it from him, "Thank you so much Yane." He bowed in respect.

*  *  *

Night had fallen and Yane's rest of his ninjas arrived. There were 20 of us now and we were ready to go to the palace. I wrapped my face with the black wrap Yane had gave me. I only left my eyes unwrapped.

We waited until midnight until we went out and made our way to the palace. I could feel my heart thumping as we crossed the roofs of the houses to the palace. I stayed with Cyan in the front as we jumped from roof to roof quietly, making sure we don't wake people. We reached the back of the palace and jumped down from a roof. The guards didn't notice and I saw a figure in the corner of my eye. I turn to see the same man and I held my breath. "I'll be right back," I whispered to Cyan.

Before he could say something, I ran to the figure. Quietly without being noticed. "Don't get close," the man whispered and I nodded as I stopped. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. "Maybe I'm here to help," he said and held out a hand. "This means we are allies," I said and he nodded. We shook hands and then he took off.

I made my way back to the group and Cyan grabbed my arm. "You worried me," he said. "I'm sorry."

"Alright, you guys know where to go. Split up," Yane whispered and we all nodded. Cyan, Daegu and I ran quietly to the East wing of the palace. Arrows flew everywhere, taking out all the guards around the palace. There were more than just a few arrows. It was like more than one person shooting. But, I couldn't worry about that. I had to keep my mind focused on getting inside.

We climbed up over the wall and Daegu helped me over and Cyan caught me on the other side. We stayed close together, running steadily on our feet. "Over there!" A guard yelled and Cyan and Daegu drew out there swords. "That building over there. Go! Now!" Cyan hissed and I took off to the building. I looked back and saw Cyan and Daegu fighting off the guards.

I slipped into the building quietly. I tiptoed and I finally saw Jin meditating on his bed. His eyes closed and as I took another step, his eyelids flew open. "Who are you?!" He asked and I stood still. "The last person you'll see," I said and he stood up and I took out my dagger and pointed it at him. My heart began racing faster and my palms grew sweaty as I gripped the dagger tightly.

"You killed my family. I'm here to take back what is mine," I said as I inched closer to him. "G-Guards!" He yelled loudly and I quickly closed in on him. "Shut up, you coward!" I yelled at him. "Your parents are in the prison underneath the palace. I'm sure you would like to see them," he said and I paused. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked. "I was going to execute them tonight, I guess you ruined my plans." He pulled out a small sword and I gasped.

He swung at me and I dodged. He made a run out of the room and I jumped on him. Plunging the dagger into his back and he cried out in pain as he fell to the floor. The anger rose up in me and I stabbed him again and he cried out louder in pain. I turned him over and I kicked the sword out of his hand. "I hope you enjoy your time in hell," I said as I stabbed him in the chest.

"Ahh!" A yell and I saw a guard plunging the sword into Cyan. "Cyan!" I yelled as I ran over to them. I stabbed the guard in the back and I kicked him out of the way. "C-Cyan!" I yelled and tears came down my face. Daegu continued fighting them and he looked like he was growing tired. Then, a series of arrows flew. The guards plopped down on the ground.

Cyan fell to the floor and I screamed as I pulled the sword out of him. He grunted and he looked up at me. Blood running down the corners of his mouth. "You can't leave, you have a promise to keep," I said as I cried. He placed a hand on the side of my face. "I love you..." He whispered and I let out a whimper as I looked down at him. "I love you too! You can't leave! You have to stay!" I said as I pulled down the mask from my face.

"Don't... Cyan!" I yelled and his eyes began closing. "N-No!" More tears fell down my face and I shook my head. I kissed him, "Cyan! Listen! Wake up!" His eyes were closed and I shook him. "No! Cyan! Our child! You can't do this to us!" I let out a loud sob and I buried my face in his chest. "Cyan! Listen to me! Wake up!"