Chapter 6

"Thank God it was you... I... I was scared..." I said as I placed my hand over my heart. Cyan held out his hand, "Well, come on, we have a festival to finish." He said and I intertwined my fingers with his. As we started walking, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone perched on a roof. I turned to look, it was a figure of a man, squatted down. Only the glimpse of light, sparkly, blue eyes glared at me.

I turned my head quickly to Cyan. "...how does that sound?" He asked. "W-what...?" I said, I was a little lost, as I had paid no attention to what Cyan was saying. "I said, before the fireworks begin, let's go up on the hill." He said back and I nodded. "Y-yeah! That sounds great."

"What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing... And fireworks? I've never seen fireworks before..."

"Well, you're in for something incredible." He told me and I swear he smiled.

Should I tell Cyan what I saw? Probably not... I don't think it's important. But, he was glaring at me, I don't want to ruin this perfect day at the festival by telling Cyan. We climbed the hill, no one else was around, it was just me and Cyan. "Wow... This has an incredible view." I said, as I gazed out over the city.

"I used to come on this hill every year during the festival."

"It's held every year?"

"Yeah. You didn't know?"

I looked down, "I lived in the poor part of the Moon district. We never got a good view of the fireworks and my family just didn't have enough money to go out or buy anything. Only clothes and food and supplies we really needed. I never knew what was really out here in the Moon district. I never really knew there was a forest that divided the Moon and the Sun district. But, I've heard plenty stories from my father.

"This festival is beautiful and I never heard about it. Growing up was very tough for me. I wasn't able to go to school, make friends, go to festivals or celebrations. I never got to do those things. Everything went downhill ever since my brother left Urina to go pursue his dreams in a different country. I don't even know what he looks like anymore. It's been 17 years and I have never gotten to see my older brother." Tears formed in my eyes and I continued to stare out over the festival.

Cyan stayed quiet and I only heard the sound of the wind blowing in my ears. "The fireworks are going to start." Cyan said and I nodded. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest. I heard the sound of them shooting one and then pop! Beautiful colors exploded in the sky right before my eyes. "Wow!" I said as I smiled, staring up at the fireworks in the sky.

"If you're still with us next year, I can take you again." Cyan said. "Okay, but what is that supposed to mean?" I asked him, but he ignored me. I looked over to him and his face was tilted up to the sky, but he had his eyes closed. I turned my eyes back to the fireworks. It was the finale and multiple colors exploded in the sky in all directions.

They displayed each district. A sun, a moon, a crystal, a red dragon, a blue dragon, a yellow dragon, and a beautiful pink rose. The cheers were loud from the festival below and I smiled. My first time seeing fireworks and it was marvelous. "Let's get going." Cyan said and I nodded. "That won't be happening." A voice spoke and we turned around.

In a black, and those same blue, sparkly eyes, stood the similar figure I saw. He held up a long sword, and a diamond carved in the middle of the blade. Cyan grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him. Cyan drew two daggers and held them firmly in his hands. "I need the woman." The man said. "I'm afraid that will not be possible." Cyan spoke to him with a cold tone.

"Then, let's see who wins."

Cyan ran towards the man and the man tucked and rolled out of the way. He swung his sword at Cyan and Cyan dodged it, lunging forward with his daggers, only to be blocked by the man's sword. They're equal force... It'll be a tie until one of them gets tired.

Cyan kicked him and jumped back. The man turned towards me and ran to me. I couldn't do anything, I was powerless. I had no weapon, no form of self-defense, I was useless. The man grabbed me and placed me in front of him, as he held the sword to my throat.

I felt the coldness of the blade dig into my skin and I closed my eyes, already prepared to come to an end. "Drop your weapon, or she will die." The man said as his arm around me tightened. "You won't kill her. You need her alive." Cyan said and I stood there confused. What are they talking about? Why do I need to be alive? Who is this guy?

The man laughed as the blade dug in further, I could feel it slicing a thin layer of my skin. "Ahh..." I let out a small, painful groan. I looked at Cyan and he looked back at me. There was pain and anger in his eyes. "I want her dead. But I only follow orders." The man said. I began to connect it all. His voice sounds familiar, very similar to Jaehul's... His eyes too... They sparkle just like Jaehul's... And then, I began to feel myself overcome with sadness.

"Jaehul..." I said and I felt his arm loosen slightly. "It's you... W-why are you doing this to me...?" I said as my voice began to crack. "I don't know who you are talking about." The man said to me.

"W-why...? We grew up together... I..." Tears began to fall down my cheeks. "I'm not Jaehul..." He said and I heard regret in his voice. "I don't believe that you would... That you w-would, be out to... Kill me..." My voice was wobbly and more tears poured down my face. Jaehul put the sword down and I broke free and he stood there looking at me.

"I... I'm not Jaehul." He said again, but there was pain in his voice. Then, a ninja star hit him in the stomach. Jaehul grunted in pain as he pulled the ninja star out and threw it on the ground. "Cyan! Don't hurt him!" I yelled out as I ran to Cyan. He was about to throw the dagger at Jaehul, but I gently placed a hand over his. I couldn't fight the tears that were coming and only did I know that Jaehul would be the one to come and take me.

Jaehul took off running and I can hear his soft grunts as he clutched his stomach where it bled. I fell to the floor sobbing.

Years growing up with Jaehul meant nothing now. I was only a target to him now and all those years are gone. This new life was hard for me and now I had to let go of Jaehul. He was my closest friend, he was the only one that I thought mattered to me. When my brother left, Jaehul was there for me. Through all the hard times, Jaehul was there.

Cyan wrapped his arms around me and pulled me up. He grabbed the ninja star off of the ground and put it in his pouch. He picked me up and carried me in his arms. I cried into his chest, only wishing how much I could've been killed. Why does everything happen to me, but yet I don't get killed? Why do I have to suffer through these moments?

We got to his house and he laid me down gently on the mat. I grabbed his shirt and he looked at me with concern. Cyan sighed as he sat down next to me and I pulled the blanket over me.