Chapter 18

"Your Majesty..." A whispering voice spoke. "Your Majesty..." I groaned as I rolled over onto my side. "Your Majesty!" I sat up and saw Daegu at the side of my bed and I sighed. "Today is the day Cyan is getting out," he said and I nodded as I slowly climbed out of the bed. It was a while since I ever slept in a normal bed instead of a mat on the floor. Buri Inns are really the best Inns, even though I feel quite bad for other Inns who probably don't get good business.

I took a quick shower and it felt good. I didn't know when the last time I bathed, but I had to be clean for tonight. I dried myself and I let my hair fall to my shoulders. I fixed my bangs so it could cover up the scab on my forehead. I sighed as I examined it. It only made me remember when Kai swung the sword. I shook the thought away and I finished getting ready.

When we got to the hospital, Cyan was already talking to the doctor out in the waiting area. Cyan bowed to the doctor and the doctor bowed back. Cyan turned and saw us, a bright smile washed over his face. He walked up to me and hugged me. Malin, Riko and Hiro were still at the Inn probably still sleeping. They did drink a lot, twice as much as Yane and me combined, since Daegu didn't drink.

I hugged Cyan back and Cyan bowed to Yane. "Thank you all for helping me," Cyan said. I smiled as I placed my hand on his shoulder. "We couldn't afford to lose another one of us," Yane patted Cyan on the back. I nodded, "I agree. I couldn't stand to lose you either. It was painful to watch you in pain after you fought with... Him..." My eyes narrowed and he pulled me into an embrace.

"Awe," Yane clapped his hands together in admiration.

"You should get a lady," Cyan said to Yane as soon as we pulled away.

Yane shook his head and he chuckled. He held up a hand, "No thank you. I'm too old for that kind of stuff." We all laughed and I shrugged my shoulders. "Tonight I'm taking Nissa to the festival," Cyan wrapped an arm around my waist as he faced Yane. Yane nodded as he slumped his shoulders a little. I looked up at Cyan, who was still staring at Yane, and I smiled.

"Daegu," I called out to Daegu and he came up to my side. "Yes, your Majesty?" He answered as he bowed. "Go back to the Inn and wake up those idiots." He nodded and rushed out the hospital doors. "Let's grab something to eat. I heard there's this new restaurant that opened." Yane suggested and we all agreed on it.

"Hold on, I'm going to go check on those buttheads back in the Inn." I pulled away from Cyan and Yane laughed. "I'll come with," Cyan said and I shook my head. "Go with Yane and get us a table, I won't take long."

"How about we all go check on those 'buttheads'?" Yane turned to face me and I nodded as I chuckled. We walked out of the hospital and back to the Inn. Just as we were about to go inside, Daegu came rushing out, bumping me back. I tripped back over my foot and Cyan caught me. "Hey! Watch where you're going! And you call yourself a true assistant," Cyan snapped and scoffed as I got back to my feet.

I turned to Cyan, "Shut it," I turned back to Daegu. "It's okay, don't listen to him." He shook his head and got on his knees. "I'm sorry, your Majesty." He apologized as he bowed his head. "Get up!" I raised my voice and Daegu nodded as he scrambled back to his feet. "Don't listen to him, okay? You're the greatest assistant I could ask for!" I said cheerfully as I placed a hand on his shoulder. He smiled and bowed, "Thank you, your Majesty." I gave a small hug in appreciation.

"So, what's up with those buttheads?" I asked Daegu.

"Well used violence, one threw an object at me and one is getting ready."

I sighed as I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand. "Great," I said out loud. Cyan came and rubbed my shoulders, "Just let them sleep, they can get food on their own time." I nodded and then Hiro came outside. "Sorry sir, I'm awake now and ready to eat," he spoke to Yane. Yane nodded and we all walked to the new restaurant Yane suggested.

When we walked in, there were Wanted posters everywhere. On those posters, were a picture of me. I gasped and my eyes widened in shock. We all walked out of there quickly. "Well, that wasn't a good place to go to." Yane said.

"That was unexpected," Hiro said out loud.

"Don't worry about it too much," Cyan ruffled my hair. I nodded as I looked to Daegu who stood there smiling at me. "Why are you smiling?" I asked him. "I'm just happy to see you two together, and that I'm just grateful I'm serving under you." I smiled as I walked over to Daegu. I turned to Cyan, "You could learn a lot from this kid." Cyan scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

The only thing that changed was that me and Cyan love each other now and he's a little bit nicer, but he's still the same old Cyan. I sighed and I turned back to Daegu. "I'm glad, I don't want to make you upset." I said and I gave him a friendly hug. I pulled back, "Sorry, must be weird getting hugs, but I like giving out hugs." I smiled and Daegu nodded.

"Then, give me one," Cyan said and I turned to face him. He held out his arms and I chuckled as I placed myself in his arms. I wrapped my arms around him and I looked up at him and smiled. "Enough now," Yane came around in front of us and we laughed. "I'm telling you, you would like it more if you got a woman for yourself." Cyan gave Yane a slight shove.

* * *

The festival was beautiful. It was decorated with blue, pink, yellow lights and it was filled with stands and littered with flowers of many kinds. "Pretty," I picked up a rose and sniffed it. Cyan's arm rested gracefully around my waist and his face seemed more relaxed. I still had to be careful, his wounds still hurt if pressure is applied to them.

We held hands and I finally felt like we were a real couple. We ate some chocolates and played some games at certain stands. He won me a hair pin and he clipped it into my hair. We continued walking until we arrived at a small garden. It was quiet and no one was there, just me and Cyan. We sat down on a bench and I smiled as I looked around at all the flowers surrounding us.

"Nissa. I love you," Cyan kissed me and I kissed him back. "Cyan, I love you too."

"What do you think is going to happen when we get to Sugar Crystal?" I asked suddenly.

"I don't know... It's something that the future holds and I can't see in the future."

"What about your ninja senses? Can't you use those?"

"That's not how they work..." He sighed and I looked down. "I'm actually nervous..." I whispered and he looked at me, "About what?" He asked me. "Like, what's going to happen if I become Princess of Urina..." Cyan grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Don't think about it too much, when the time comes, you'll be ready."

"You think so? What if I make a terrible Princess?"

He chuckled, "I know you won't. You were born to be one, you sometimes act like one." He said as he poked my nose with his finger. "I do not!" I said back as I looked away. He laughed as he threw his arms around me. "Nissa, thank you for coming with me tonight," his breath tickled my neck as he pulled me closer to him. "I want to thank you too, for inviting me to go with you. It's so beautiful and it really helped me relax." I said as I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Cyan, you realize that you're the most important person in my life now, right?"

"I know. And I'm glad, because you're the most important person in my life as well."

I sighed, "I trust you now too, so don't go breaking it!" I warned him as I waved my finger in his face. "Don't worry, I promise I won't." He said as he pushed my finger out of the way with his hand.

"Ooh, look at the stars! They're so pretty, aren't they?" I said as I pointed to the sky. "I know a prettier one," Cyan said back as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer to him. "That's really cheesy, but thank you anyway." I kissed him on the cheek and I rested my head on his shoulder.

We sat there looking up at the stars. It was one of the best nights of my life and the thing that made it great was that I was able to spend it with Cyan. Who knew that we were able to come this far? I used to get so fed up with him that I just wanted to never see him again. But, because I hung on so long, I was able to make it this far. I was able to make it to this night.