Chapter 5

I picked out a bright golden kimono, the blossoms on it were outlined with shiny gold material. It sparkled in any light it was in. "Just thank you so much Jaehul! I really love this!" I told Jaehul and he smiled. "I can't wait to see you in it." He said and I blushed.

Jaehul was the sweetest and it's been so long that we've talked or even gotten to say hi to each other. We grew up together when we were little and it was only a matter of time that his family became successful, leaving no time to see my poor family. He was as sweet as he can be and last year he was off to a trip with his father, to travel Urina and fine good places to set up Buri Inns.

We walked to Cyan's house and he dropped me off there. "I'll see you later tonight." Jaehul said and I waved him off as he walked away. I knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Cyan's voice called out, sounding annoyed. "It's me... Can I at least come in?" I asked and the door slip open and there stood Cyan looking at me. "Where were you?!" He asked me as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me in.

"I was at the market with Jaehul."

"Him?"

"Yeah him. What's wrong with him?" I asked and Cyan sighed. "Just be careful with him..." He said. I looked at him in frustration. "Are you suspicious of him now?"

"It's just... My ninja senses are giving me a bad feeling about him."

"Well tell your ninja senses that they're wrong, because I'm going to the festival with him tonight!"

I stomped to the table and placed down my things. I laid the kimono out over the table and pulled the hairpin out from the plastic bag. "He bought you all those things? What a spoiled..." Cyan mumbled and I looked over at him and he shut his mouth. "So, you're going to the festival with him?" Cyan asked and I nodded. "I'll have to go with you, since I need to protect you." He added and I sighed.

"No you don't... I'm capable of being by myself." I said.

"No, you're not. These are Yane's orders..." He said back as he sighed.

"Whatever. Now get out so I can change."

I put on my kimono and I let down my hair. I'll wear it loose to the festival. "Can I come in now?" Cyan asked. "Yes, you can," I answered as he slid the door open and he walked in. He froze as he stared at me from head to toe. "What, does it look bad?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. "You look alright." He said as he walked over to me.

He picked up a hairpin from the table. Oh yeah, I forgot to put it in my hair. He got closer to me and I stood there unsure of what to do. He grabbed some pieces of hair and swept it back and he clipped the hairpin in there. I looked up at him and stared at his orange eyes. "You have beautiful blue hair... What a shame you don't take care of it." He said and I looked away.

"Well... I never really had the money to take care of it, don't you remember? I'm a poor girl from a poor family."

"You have a new life. Just put it all in the past."

"Why do you tell me that when you bring it up?"

He stayed silent and looked away. I lifted my hand to place it on his shoulder, but he turned and walked away. I slowly dropped my hand and sighed. He walked out, sliding the door behind him and I followed him. "Cyan..." I called out to him, but he kept his pace as he walked down the gravel road.

I jogged to him and grabbed his forearm. He turned to look at me. "Cyan. I'm sorry, what did I say wrong?" I asked him. "Nothing... I need some time alone." He said as I kept my grip on his forearm. "Come to the festival with me." I said. Words I said that I did not believe they came out of my mouth. Cyan stared at my eyes and he nodded his head slowly. "What about that Jaehul guy?"

"I can just tell him I'll be busy or something. You need time to get your mind off things..." I said.

Maybe tonight can be the night where Cyan can finally grow a little closer to me. I want him to be able to trust me and if we become closer, maybe be friends or just at least acquaintances, he won't have to be so rude to me.

"Okay..." He said slowly and we began walking to the festival. When we arrived, I looked around for Jaehul, but he was nowhere to be found. That's weird, he asked me to go with him, but he doesn't even show up himself. There were a lot of people that came, even some from the Sun district and the nearby Blue Dragon district.

I walked behind Cyan as we walked around, taking a look at all the stands. I saw a stand and they were giving out caramel covered apples. My mouth watered as the smell of the sweetness filled my nostrils. I tugged on Cyan's sleeve and he turned to look at me. "Let's get that." I told him as I pointed to the stand. He nodded and we walked up to it.

"Ahh! What a tremendous couple! How about one caramel apple to share?" The old man said joyfully and I felt my face burn in embarrassment. "Uh no! You're m-mistaken... J-just two!" I stammered and looked over at Cyan who stood there looking away. I grabbed the two apples and handed one to Cyan. He took it slowly from my hand and he began walking away. I followed quietly behind him, eating my caramel apple as I stared up at the lanterns.

They hung from string from each pole aligned, lanterns hung side by side, lit up, lighting up the night beautifully. I bumped into someone and I looked up and it wasn't Cyan. I looked around and I couldn't find Cyan anywhere. I threw away my caramel apple and focused on finding Cyan.

I saw two guards and I froze. Guards... Oh no! And Cyan isn't here to help me. The guards saw me and they began charging at me. I scrambled desperately as I began running. Cutting through crowds of people, bumping into them and pushing them out of the way as I ran. I couldn't run as fast because of the shoes I was wearing and I tried turning into an alleyway, only to find it was a dead end.

I tried turning back, but I was cornered in by the guards. "Give it up." One of them said. I trembled in fear, I don't know what they're going to do. It's over. I'm cornered and I have no other way to escape. It's over.

Just then, a black figure jumped down and stabbed one of the guards in the neck. Blood gushed out as the body fell to the floor. The guard clutched his neck, trying to breathe, but his face began turning pale. Then, the black figure attacked the other guard. The guard drew his sword and swung at the man, but the man dodged his swings and stabbed the guard in the heart.

The guards lay there in pools of their own blood. The man walked up to me and I backed up. Who is he? What does he want from me? I shook, frightened, but the man took off his mask.

"It's just me." It was Cyan and I sighed in relief.