Chapter Twelve

Rosette arrived home and changed from her outfit taking a shower to feel cleaner than before.

She let out a sigh and shook her head at the flowers that sat on her table. She put on some slippers and threw them out in the garbage.

As she locked her house door, a knock immediately followed it. Checking the time, she freaked out a bit. "Its quarter to midnight, who the hell" she whispered to herself as the knocking grew. "WHO IS IT!" She yelled. "There's a package for Ms. Rosette Carter!" She looked through her security camera and saw a delivery man.

"Aren't y'all already past closed, why are you just here." She yelled out again. "I was paid extra ma'am, I've been told it's your birthday gift" then it clicked to her. Jaebum did say he had a surprise for her at midnight.

She unlocked her locks and peeked out before grabbing the pen and signing the paper onto of the box. The young male laughed, "ma'am, I'm not going to kill you." She scoffed, "I'm black, everyone wants too" she smirked. "GOODNIGHT!" She screamed from behind the door as it was quickly shut before he moved.

The small box placed a smile on her face, she got a box cutter and opened it revealing an expensive diamond jewelry set. A note laid under it.

Happy birthday my queen,
Thank you dearly for coming into my life, giving me my inspiration to write and continue. I hope you enjoy your gift because just like these diamonds, we're going to be starting off rough but once we complete this journey together, we'll be an everlasting duo. See you soon, my love.

Love,
Your Jay

______________

She closed the black case the jewelry came in and called her lover. "Hello?" His raspy voice was like music to her ears. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry did I wake you!" She forgot about the time differences. "Yeah, but that's fine rehearsals soon start anyways." He chuckled and she felt bad. "I just wanted to say thank you. I love them." He smiled to himself at his accomplishment. "You're welcome, you deserve it beautiful." As if on cue, the boys knocked on the door of his studio before opening it up to retrieve him for practice. "I have to go, but I'll call you when I'm done." She nodded to herself. "Ok, goodnight. I mean morning or evening." He laughed again and shook his head. "Goodnight, my love. Sweet dreams." With that the line between them disconnected and the drama that occurred earlier vanished momentarily from her thoughts.