Chapter Twenty-Four

Ariana and Jaebeom returned to the hospital two days later after the doctors and nurses escorted everyone out to perform further tests on rose.

"She's asleep, she should wake up any moment. Buzz me if anything." The nurse smiled at the duo softly as she left the private room. "She awake...." ariana smiled at jaebeom. The excitement in her eyes comforted him as he moved closer to the injured female. "Hey..." his voice was soft as he looked down at her widened eyes.

Rose POV

The slight headache I had this morning eased away, my body ached a bit as I attempted to stretch my cramped limbs. "She's awake." A voice echoed in my ear from afar. Opening my eyes, the light and the fatigue blurred my sight. "Hey" another voice softly called at me and my eyes widened in attempt to focus my vision.

"Rose...." the male came down besides me and caressed my cheek so sensually. What the fuck?

I jerked my head away and I swear the excitement in his eyes faltered and was replaced with sadness. "Don't do this please, rose..." my eyes squinted at him in attempt recognize the face. "Don't do what? I don't know you." He stumbled back and I watched his Adam's apple bobbed up and down.

"Rose, don't play games now." Ariana nervous laugh echoed through the room. "Who are you" she directed the question at ariana this time. "Where's my husband?" She attempted to twist her neck but the brace only allowed it to move so far. She reached for the nurses button and pressed it repeatedly.

The nurse burst into the room. "What's the problem madam?" Rose stared at the ceiling before speaking. "I dont know these people and can you call my husband? Please?" The nurse stared at the duo who she witness for the past month and a half visit and stayed for their friend. "I'll go get a doctor." "I want my husband." The nurse nodded. "I will contact him as well."

The tears ariana was holding involuntarily fell and a loud cry left her lips as she dash out of the room. Jaebeom chased after her after giving his lover one last glance. "Ari!" "I KNEW IT! I TOLD HER JAE! I FUCKING TOLD HER HE WOULD DAMAGE HER!" jaebeom pulled her into his chest to calm her down. The stares from the employees were warning shots and he didn't want them to get kicked her, or so, banned.

"I told her from the beginning....she thought I was just being bias because I judged him without a valid reason. He caused all of this and she's in there asking for him and forgetting me..us." ariana gripped his shirt tightly as her tears coated the chest area. "Listen to me ari, she's in a confused state. Give her time, just....keep the faith, please because I can't do it on my own." Her cries paused as she slowly looked up at the male she became so close with. She nodded and wiped her eyes. "Sorry bout your shirt." He chuckled. "I have a jacket."

__________

"Who was the last person you were with?" Ariana and jaebeom walked in as the doctor asked numerous quarries. "My husband." "Do you remember the conversation?" She shook her head. "No." The doctor nodded and turned to the duo, his eyes looked behind them and spotted her husband. "Mr.Carter, you're right on time. You all can come to my office."

"Dissociative amnesia, it was previously called psychogenic amnesia. It occurs when a person blocks out certain information, often associated with a stressful or traumatic event, leaving the person unable to remember important personal information." The doctor looked at his board. "I am assuming that the car accident is the event that caused the trauma. Did you two meet her recently?"

Jaebeom and anthony had a minor stare off but he nodded. "I met her recently...not too recently but I'm fairly new in her life." The doctor nodded and turned to ariana. "I knew her since we were fourteen." The doctor sucked in air and nodded. "That's strange. Did you both have an argument or fight, previous to the accident?" Ariana shook her head and he was conflicted. "I'm assuming you were the last person she saw." He pointed at anthony. "Yeah, we were home. We had an argument and she went to get some air."

"Wow, she should've remembered you as well, but, she still could've subconsciously erased memories she didn't want to remember or events that hurt her." Ariana tears built up again. "What time period does she remember?" She questioned.

"The second year after her wedding." Ariana head dropped as she remembered the dreadful three years they separated after the fight they had over the marriage. "I know why she doesn't remember me now."