Chapter Nineteen

ROSE POV

The pulsation that was felt in my head was rapid and painful. A small groan left my lips as I slowly forced my eyes open. The bright lights and continuous beeps from the monitor irritated me. "Jesus...." I cracked out in a hoarse voice.

"Hey....Hey" The soft male voice besides my ear made me jerk to the other side of the bed; The swift movement caused a heavy dizziness fall over my body. "Be careful, you took quite a blow to the head." The memory of the event that happened a few hours ago resurfaced and discomfort stirred in my soul.

"Mrs.Carter, you're awake." The male wearing the white trench coat like jacket spoke above me. A small pen light shined in my eyes as he did a routine check up. "You're doing well, healing shouldn't be a problem, however you will be left with some bruises and scars." He spoke as he dis his work. He excused himself as he left the room with his clipboard.

"Why are you here?" My voice came out hoarse and groggy. Jaebum passed me a bottled water that sat on my table and helped me drink it although I could've done it myself. "I was worried." He whispered as he sat back down. "You were out for...a while" I sigh, the question of how long I was unconscious for came into my mind but it fled away as I chose to stay ignorant.

"Go to Seulgi, I know she's not happy with this." He shook his head. "She understands..." silence swept over the duo. "That's why you wanted to speak right?" I breathed out and slowly brought my hand up to my forehead which was bandaged. "Forget it." A glare came from jaebum as the silence returned. "Did he always abused you, or just ever since I came into the picture?" The minute long silence revealed his answer.

"Wow..." guilt consumed him as he stood up. "It's not your fault.." my voice cracked as the guilt was quite evident on his face. "He could've killed you, Rose. What if I had left? Jackson wouldn't have known, no one was barely around!" Jaebum's chest rose and fell in a rapid paste. "I could've lost you that quickly and the things I said...." his voice got weak and his head fell low as his back was turned to me.

"Your pain and anger was understandable, you felt played and I get it." His head turned slightly to me. "Seulgi seems like a nice girl, you'll be happier." He looked at me and in no time he was by my side again. "Shut up, Rose." The eye contact between them spoke volumes, it held the intimacy they both missed within each other. Jaebum's hand caressed her bruised cheek softly. He leaned down slowly to meet her lips but they were interrupted as her door pushed open.

"You just can't stop fucking with my relationship." He growled at jaebum who stood up from me. "Jay...." I grabbed his hand as he stared down Anthony. His tense fist released as he felt my hands, he looked down at me softly but the calm atmosphere flips as Anthony strike jaebeom in his jaw. Jaebeom stumbled but caught himself from falling onto my injured body. "ANTHONY!" I screamed but as jaebeom fought back, I began to panic. The blows from each male impacted well on each flesh.

"STOP!" I screamed out louder but ended up in a coughing fit. The commotion and my risen heart rate alerted nurses. "SECURITY!" One screamed and I tried stopping then from removing jaebum. "No, please. He was just defending himself. WAIT!" They ignored me as Anthony and Jaebeom left the room in the securities embrace. Tears fell as I was alone once again, the nurse attempted to calm me down to no avail. "I'm sorry ma'am, its protocol but we will allow him back to see you again." A sigh left my lips as I leaned back in the small hospital bed alone.