lies (part 1)

you sat in finneas' bedroom, waiting for him to finish making mac and cheese in the kitchen. you had the blankets up to your chin as you faced the window, watching the leaves, on the trees, move with the wind. your eyes slowly began to close but a knock on the door made your eyes shoot open. you looked and see billie and maggie standing in the doorway. you smiled and let them come in.

"hey guys, what's up?" you say.

"uh, y/n, we have something to tell you." maggie says with a small sad smile. you give them a confused look.

"what is it?" you ask.

"it's about you and finneas." billie says.

"what about me and finneas?" you say. you were getting impatient.

"ok, well finneas has, um," maggie tries to explain what was happening, but fails.

"this is a bad idea." maggie whispers to billie. "this is for their own good mom." billie whispers back.

"come on, just tell me." you say impatiently.

"finneas has been cheating on you, for the past couple of months now." billie says. the thought of him cheating on you was in the back of your mind. billie shows you finneas' conversation between this girl that you didn't know.

💋
the bed is lonely without you

finn
be there in 20

you couldn't bring yourself to read any more of their conversation.

"we'll leave you to have some time to think." maggie says. you didn't say anything, you just looked at the floor, tears beginning to form and making their way down your cheeks.

as you hear the door close, you begin to get your stuff. you grab your phone and purse with tears flowing down your cheeks like a waterfall.  you unlock your phone and see your wallpaper. you and finneas kissing in the rain. you made a mental note to change it to something else. finneas was just using you. he was with another girl while you were just there, not knowing about it.

you opened the bedroom door and slammed it with so much force that you heard pepper whimper from the sound. you walked straight to the drive way and got into your car. out of the corner of your eye, you saw finneas walk out of the house with a confused look on his face. but even from that far, he could see the waterfall of tears on your face.

he raced to your car and begged you to open the window. you didn't want to but your body acted like it had a mind of its own and rolled down the window.

"y/n, what's wrong? why are you crying?" finneas asks as he goes on his knees to get to the height of the window.

"how could you?" you croak.

"how could i what?" finneas asks. you roll your eyes. so he was going to pretend, you weren't having any of it.

"you cheated on me for the past couple of months! why?" you say with sobs between breaths.

"i-what?" finneas trips over his own words. you just shake your head.

"we're over finneas. i don't want to be used by someone you love." you say. you close the window and reverse out of the driveway. you take one last glance over at finneas but all you see is finneas with his head in his hands, tears rolling down his face.

why is he crying? he's the one who cheated on me. you thought to yourself.

_____

finneas just sat there with his head in his hands, tears rolling down his face. he couldn't  live without you, so why would you assume that he was cheating on you? sobs soon came and his body shook with each sob.

billie and maggie walked up to finneas' shaking body. billie put he hand on his shoulder but finneas soon slapped her hand away. he quickly got up, anger quickly rising inside of him.

"what did you do?" finneas says in anger.

"finneas, we're doing this for your own good. we're going on tour again next week and we don't want a repeat of last time when we went on tour." billie says.

"so this is what it's about, you think that if y/n and i kept dating that we would break up because we could not handle the long distance? i was going to ask her if she wanted to come on tour with me and you both lying and saying that i cheated on her makes the situation even worse! why? why would you do this to me?" finneas says with rage.

"finneas-" maggie tries to reason with him but he just interrupts her.

"just don't. you've lost my trust and taken everything away from me. i don't think i could ever forgive you for this." finneas says and storms back into the house.

he reaches his bedroom but billie stops him from entering his room.

"please finneas, you cant do this. you're my best friend and my big brother. i need you." billie says with tears in her eyes. finneas just looks at her with a blank expression, ignoring the tears still rolling down his face. he just looks down at her.

"you've lost all my trust, support, friendship. as far as i'm concerned, i do not have a little sister and i am not a big brother to anyone." finneas says and slams his bedroom door close with so much force. billie flinches at the sound with tears fall, one by one, then all of them fall at once. she crouched down and leans against finneas' bedroom door.

finneas just stands in the middle of the room, breathing heavily, tears still falling down his face, eyes red and cheeks puffy from all the crying he has done. he looks at his work desk and see a picture with his whole family and you in it. it was such a nice day then.

he saw a glass cup and threw it at the door in anger. he screamed and crouched down so he was leaning against his bed, looking out the window, reminding him that you loved looking out the window, you would gaze out the window for ages if you wanted to.

finneas sits there with his knees up to his chin as his sobs echo through the room.