break my heart again

this imagine is based of the story 'The Story Of Finneas' by affectionatepotato . that story honestly made me cry. anyway, enjoy! also, be prepared, this is a long one!

____________________________

it was raining, but then again, it was always raining in oregon so you didn't complain. you were in your apartment, bored out of your mind. you had nothing to do until you heard a little ding.

you sat up straightly and lazily grabbed your phone that was on the coffee table. it was a text, from finneas.

you and finneas weren't together but you both were best friends. you were there for him when he needed a shoulder to cry on and he was there for whenever you felt sad. but there was one thing that you were afraid of.

you were in love with finneas and you knew that he didn't love you back. you knew that deep down, he still loves her. you didn't know her name but you kinda didn't want to know her name. sometimes finneas would talk about her all the time or never at all. you both had felt the same about him but you knew she had a better chance.

finn
hey, you at your apartment?

you
yeah, why?

finn
oh good, could you open the door please?

you immediately dropped your phone and rushed down to the bottom of the apartment. it was heavily raining outside and you knew that finneas was going to be soaking wet by the time you got to him.

you quickly made your way down to the door and opened it for finneas. he came in, shivering from the cold and wet from the rain.

"god finneas, why didn't you bring an umbrella?" you ask him as you both made your way back to you apartment.

"i need to tell you something." finneas says. you gave him a confused look but right now, you only cared about finneas getting away from the cold and into your heated apartment. finneas tugged at his jumper, trying to warm himself up but fails.

you both sighed once you walked inside your apartment. the heat immediately warming finneas up.

"i'm going to get you some clothes since your wetting everyplace you step on." you say as you playfully roll your eyes. finneas chuckles but it soon went away. you were really worried about what he was going to tell you and you hoped that it want anything bad. the least thing you wanted was your friendship between, you and finneas, ruined and reduced to ashes.

you went through your closet and drawers, trying to find some clothes that would fit finneas and you were successful. you went back into the living room and chucked the clothes to him.

"go and change, you doofus." you say with a smile. finneas raised his hands up in surrender and walked to your bathroom.

"okay, okay, i'm going." finneas says as he entered the bathroom.

-

after he got changed, you made the two of you, some hot chocolate. as you did, you asked him what he wanted to tell you but he didn't say anything so you assumed that he wanted to wait until you were done with whatever you were doing.