o'connell

"happy birthday, birthday girl." finneas whispered into your ear. you smiled with your eyes still closed as finneas had broken the comfortable silence the two of you had. he knew you were awake but didn't say anything about it.

"thank you finneas." you say in a husky voice as you open your eyes. he presses a soft kiss against your cheek, his nose brushing against your cheek as he did so. you hum in response.

"we got a whole day ahead of us you know." finneas says. you sigh deeply. you just wanted to stay in bed but you didn't want to waste your time with finneas.

you thought you were going to be alone for your birthday as finneas was going on tour and you couldn't come with him because you were so busy. you honestly didn't know if he was going to make it or not.

you were a little bit sad that finneas couldn't make it home for you birthday when he told you the news. but you didn't want to be that girl who wants to beg him to come home and be so clingy.

you were even going to make plans of your own. you could go shopping with some of your friends for your birthday but you hadn't decided yet. you thought the idea of being all alone for your birthday was the worst but you had to face it.

little did you know that finneas was planning to go back home for your birthday for a couple of days. he and billie had pushed back a couple of tour dates so finneas he could set up the perfect birthday surprise.

after only one year and two months of dating, finneas wanted it to be special. it was going to be the first time you could get to celebrate your birthday with finneas as your boyfriend.

he was so excited to see you but you had no idea that finneas and billie were coming back home and yes, billie was coming too. she didn't want to use all of her data in russia.

just one week before your birthday, finneas and billie had arrived home and were on their way to one of their friends house to stay at.

on the day before your birthday, finneas and billie surprised you when they were just casually sitting in your living room. you almost passed out then and there.

you screamed and ran up to them to hug them. tears ran down your face as you did so. you let go of the hug and wiped your tears with the back of your hand. it was surely a day to remember.

you both still were in bed, not saying a word. you bring your hand up to his cheek and stroke it gently with your thumb. finneas' eyes flutter close at the familiar feeling of your gentle touch and buries his face into your neck.

no matter how many times he was with you, he could never get used to the feeling of you next to him. it wasn't a bad thing, it was like a reminder that you've never stopped loving him and that you never would.

you took a deep breath, letting the cold morning air fill your lungs before stretching your arms and plopping over finneas.

you could hear him groan a tiny bit but he snaked his arms around your waist while you put your head in the crook of his neck.

"we should probably get up, we've got a whole day in front of us." finneas says, a yawn quickly following afterwards.

you huff in response and begin to wrap your arms around his neck and your legs on his waist in attempt to make finneas stay in bed with you. you both knew that if your grip was any tighter, someone would have to try and pry you off of him.