happy for you

let's pretend y/n wrote stone cold and not demi lovato. also recommended listening to the song :)

"i'll see you when we get back home, okay?" finneas says while pulling you into a hug. you nod sadly as you wrap your arms tightly around his waist. he kisses your forehead and let's you go to hug billie.

you walk over to her and embrace her in a tight bear hug. she returns the hug with just as much love.

"gonna miss you so much mamas." you say.

"i'm gonna miss you more." she replies and she breaks away from the hug. you sniffle and the family walk away. you wave and finneas waves back.

you walk back to your car and you just sit there for a while. it's not the first time finneas has left for the tour but somehow, you just weren't use to being alone.

you finally drove back to your apartment and you went to your bedroom. you sat there for a while, not knowing what to do. you decide to text billie and finneas that you hope they have a safe flight and to text you when they land.

you sat near the window sill and you heard little patters of rain. you smiled as you loved rain and you opened up voice memos. you made a new one and you pressed record.

you thought for a while and you began to sing. 

"stone cold, stone cold. you see me standing but i'm dying on the floor. stone cold, stone cold. maybe if i don't cry i won't feel anymore." you paused and thought for a while and resumed singing.

"stone cold, baby. god knows i tried to feel, happy for you. know that i am, even if i can't understand. i'll take the pain, give me the truth. me and my heart, we'll make it through."

pause.

"if happy is her, i'm happy for you." and you stopped singing. your frowned a how the hell you thought of those lyrics. you were interrupted of your train of thoughts by a ding.

you opened your messages and saw that billie had sent you a smiley face. you smiled and texted back to her.

you
i  have another song idea

bil
ooo lemme hear it sis

you chuckled at what she said and you sent her the voice memo.

you
do u like it?

bil
it's hard, i also like the fact that it's raining too. try and figure out the rest

you
okay
read 11:45am

you went back into your voice memos and you walked to your piano. yes you have a piano. you placed your phone on the little tab and you pressed record.

your fingers danced across the piano as you tried to figure out the melody for the song. once you did, you immediately fell in love with the song even though you had no relation to it but that didn't matter.

you sent the melody to billie as soon as you had figured it out and then you just rested. you didn't call yourself a singer but you knew that you had a hidden talent which was singing.