No More Lies

The two of us walk down the street for what feels like the hundredth time, however, during the daytime it looks so different. Less mysterious and more welcoming I could say. 

As I walk beside Namjoon our hands are almost touching and it's making me fill with all sorts of feelings that I just can't seem to understand. Every time we ever so lightly brush against each other, I get goosebumps over my entire body. Ah, I just really want to hold his hand, but I know that I shouldn't. To distract my mind, I speak, hoping it will push my thoughts away. 

"So, where are we going?" I ask probably a bit too enthusiastically for someone who isn't a morning person. 

"Well, I wanted to take you somewhere special. But as you probably could guess it would be difficult for us to get anytime for ourselves if we go somewhere with a lot of people, so I was thinking somewhere low key" 

"Oooo a secret spot then? Sounds good" I feel much more excited than before, I'm practically jumping up and down while the two of us walk together. 

As we continue to walk more and more people seem to be around us. I turn to him and I see that he put' a mask on as well as pulling up his hoodie. "Just in case" He says, I nod in return. 

I follow him to a place I've never really been before, and as the looks of it due to the people that were around us thinning out, I'm not the only one, which in hindsight is quite surprising as the area is very beautiful. 

"Where're here" Namjoon says, pulling his mask down, once again revealing his insanely sharp jawline. 

I remove my eyes from his face to look at the cafe that sits in front of us. "It's beautiful" I say as I admire the exposed brick covered in flowers and thorns. "I can't believe more people aren't here" 

"I know, I've been coming here for years and the food is amazing yet it doesn't receive the recognition it deserves" He states, looking quite sad but understanding.

"I'm sure if you posted about it online, thousands of people would come" 

"I did think about that, but it's my secret spot. If I did post about it, I wouldn't be able to come here anymore, so I decided to be selfish and keep it for myself" 

I nod my head. I didn't really think about that side of it. 

"Come on, let's get seated" I follow him to a table that sits quietly outside within the sun. More flowers seem to grow in the cracks of the pavement, as well as all around us. I continue to admire them as Namjoon places a menu in front of me. 

"Order anything you like" He says surprising me a little.

"Are you sure? I mean nothing on here is cheap" I say, feeling a little guilty. 

"It's fine, order anything" I then remember that money isn't an issue for him, yet I still can't shake the feelings away, I'm not the type to let people buy things for me.  

After we order our food I look at him for a second. Millions of questions are buzzing through my mind and I want to ask them all. "Why were you passed out in the street last night?" I burst out without much warning. 

"I was-I was exhausted. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, so I've been overworking myself lately quite a bit"

"Why were you out in the street then? You should've been in bed sleeping, not walking around tiring yourself out more" 

He stays silent for a few seconds. Did I overstep myself? I must have.

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that. I should be more c-"