Overwhelmed By Me

I don't think I've laughed this much in my life. Jungkook keeps making jokes throughout the night, and as such, I find that my stomach twists and turns as I fail to speak properly because the only noises that seem to come from my throat sound as though I'm dying. Tears begin to emerge from my eyes and everything seems blurry, I was happy though, really happy.  

"I'm glad I can make you laugh Y/n" Jungkook exclaims, the smile upon his face wider than humanly possible. 

"I don't think I've laughed this much in my life. But Namjoon, why aren't you this funny?" I say jokingly towards him. 

"I can be funny sometimes" He retorts. 

"No you can't. Leave the jokes to Jin Hyung and I" Jungkook says placing his hands on his shoulder. 

"Okay, okay. I'll start cleaning up. Are you both finished?" I ask, both nodding their heads in return. I stand up from the table and I pick up each plate to put in the kitchen.

"Oh, let me help you Y/n" Namjoon says quickly rising from his chair before I can take what was left on the table. As he stands close, his tall body towers over me, it was quite intimidating actually, but it was Namjoon, he was something I shouldn't be afraid of. 

"Oh, thank you" As we take the plates to the kitchen, Jungkook stays seated, his mind being taken away in the deep depths of his phone. 

I walk over to the sink, turning on the water as I do so and watch the bubbles rise. Namjoon decides that he wants to keep helping, as such, we without much communication, we naturally work in a system. Namjoon passes me the plates, I clean and then he dry's. Each time we exchange, our hands briefly touch and I feel the tingles move underneath my skin. It was another sensation that I was beginning to feel every time I was around him, strange indeed.  Was he the same? I mean each time I could see briefly that he was looking at me with such sweet eyes, but I suppose that could be my imagination. 

"All done" He states handing me a towel, our hands touching once more. For some reason, I find instead grabbing the towel, I let it fall from my hands, it was an accident, I think. I bend to grab it, but so does Namjoon. Due to this, both of our faces sit right in front of each other, our noses practically touching. I could feel his breath gently hit my face. I was too nervous to breathe at all due to how intently he was staring into my eyes. My heart by this point had stopped and I'd soon be deceased I hoped. 

"Namjoon Hyung its getting late. We should leave soon..." As we both hear those words, Namjoon quickly grabs the towel and rises, I slowly follow after him. No words were spoken, to be honest, I didn't know what to say. 

"Alright, we'll leave now Jungkook" His words seemed dense. Was he mad at me?

"Oh, thank you for staying. I hope the food was somewhat decent" I say, nervously laughing. 

"It was great Y/n. We loved it" Jungkook happily exclaims. "Sorry, we have to leave so soon. Tae was angrily texting me, saying that we needed to come home" 

"It's okay, I understand" 

As I walk to the door Jungkook quickly walks out. Namjoon who was once facing away from me, stands in the doorway but then turns around. His brown eyes looking directly into my own once more. 

"I was wondering if tomorrow you wanted to meet up again?" He asks, his voice soft. 

"I'd love to. Thank you for telling me in advanced. I can get work off now" I say smiling. 

"Alright then, I'll text you the details later" With once last smile the door then slowly closes. The last thing I hear is Jungkook yelling from behind the door, "Thanks for the food Y/n. Expect me back soon". I couldn't help but laugh. I had a good time, a really good time. I haven't felt this around people in a while, I kinda missed it.