Confidence

As I submerge my hands in the dirty, luke warm water, all I can think about is him. His eyes, his hair, his perfect smile. Even the act of washing dirty dishes for the next hour wasn't going to bring me down because all my mind could focus on was Namjoon. 

The metal kitchen utensils and the sound of those speaking behind me was loud and obnoxious, but all I could hear was the sound of Namjoon's voice replaying in my ear.  I found myself smiling without context a few times, a laugh leaving my mouth as well every now and again, causing strange looks from those standing around me. 

"Y/n.....Y/n...... Y/n!" 

Quickly as my eyes become focused once more, I look to the girl who now stands beside me, Suya. I hadn't seen her in quite some time actually. Her presence, if I'm honest, was something I did not miss, yet with the mood I'm in, I couldn't help but smile back. 

"Ha, sorry Suya" My voice sounding higher than usual, as I fail to sit still. 

"What's going on with you? You're acting strange" She looks me up and down as he glasses that sit upon her face begin to fall slowly down the bridge of her nose, gaining my attention to how confused she actually was. 

"Strange? I'm not acting strange. I'm always like this" I shrug my shoulders up and down. 

"Oh, you're definitely acting different Y/n. Hmmm, ah," Suddenly a large smile forms across her face as she pulls her hands from the water in front of us. "You're in love!" She says far too loud.

"No I'm not" I blurt out, gesturing for her to calm down as everyone's eyes turn towards us. 

"No you most certainly are. There is no hiding it my dear. You are head over heels in L-O-V-E. So tell me, who is the lucky man?" I decide to not ague, I mean, she wasn't wrong. Saying I'm in love was probably taking it a little far, but she wasn't all wrong. 

"Fine" I dry my hands and pull her closer towards me and I begin to play with my hands as I try to think of the words that can somehow possible describe how I'm feeling. "He's tall and nicely built I guess. He definitely stronger than he looks. His eyes, ah, so pretty and that god damn smile makes me feel as though my heart might actually burst. Butterflies and all things funny just fill inside me and the world just slowly begins to disappear. But, he makes me feel loved, supported, that I actually matter and he makes me want to be a better person towards others. Honestly, he's the best thing to ever happen to me. Suya, he's teaching me to love myself" 

I raise my eyes from the ground and Suya, who stands in front of me, she, she has tears in her eyes. Her mouth sits slightly open as her glasses begin to fall once more. 

"Suya.." I feel my eyes widen as I go to reach for her arm.

"Sorry Y/n, its.. I'm just glad to see that you're starting to feel happy" She takes off her glasses and rubs her eyes, wiping away the tears, as they continue to swell.

But, she was right. I haven't felt like this before. I'd never appreciated Suya like this before. I had always found her quite annoying, but I never actually took the time to actually know her. 

"Thank you" I say as pull her in tight embrace. "Maybe we can be friends?" I ask.

"Of course we can be friends" 

___

I try my best to open the door without making a sound. I stick my head through to check if anyone is there, and thankfully there's not. One foot after the other I tip toe through the dorm, hoping that I do not run into any of the boys. The lights are off and the curtains are closed, making it quite difficult to see.