Remember {C-L}

"Who the hell is calling me right now?" You turned around in your bed and grabbed your phone. You hadn't had much sleep last nights, so you were a bit angry at this person for interrupting your sleep.

"Hello?" You said, with a rough voice because of the sleep.

"Hi baby, I just wanted to talk to you..." You heared Charles at the other side of the line. His voice sounded like he had just cried.

Charles was in away for his work. You couldn't come with him, because of some big exams you had in exactly the same week. It was so hard for him to say goodbye, and especially because he knew he wouldn't see you in 4 weeks, which was a lot for him.

"Hey Charlsie, are you alright?" You were a bit concerned. Was he doing alright? Was something wrong? Did something bad happen?

You heared him crying through the phone. It broke your heart to hear him like this. He didn't cry often, but when he did, something was really bad.

"I-I just miss you so so much..." You looked beside you. The other side of your bed was empty and cold, the side where Charles always lays.

"I can't sleep, because you're not with me. I miss cuddling with you. I miss your soft hands in my hair...." He talked so fast and you almost couldn't understand it. It almost looked like he had a panic attack.

"Baby, just breath. In, out, In, out. Just keep breathing ok?" You tried to help him, but it was a bit difficult because you weren't with him. You heard him relax at the other side of your phone.

"I miss you too. Really really much. How can I help you? Do you have an idea?" You were desperate. How could he feel better? You don't want him to be sad...

"I don't know..." You hear him say, really soft. Suddenly something comes up in your mind.

"You're still in bed right?" You hear him mumble some sort of yes. "Lay down and relax please. Everything is going to be oke. You remember that time when we had long distance for 3 months because of my studies? But we made it. Remember how we got through your hard times together? Remember how you had such a difficult time, where you had to be alone, and I accepted it and waited for you? I will always be there for you. And if it's not directly besides you, it's in your heart. You see those beautiful stars and moon outside your window? I'm looking at the exact same one at the moment. Everything is going to be alright." And then you start to sing his lullaby. Your mom always sang it for you when you were upset, and you discovered it helped Charles too when he had some sort of panic attack.

You hear his breath became deeper, and you knew it. He was sleeping. "Goodnight my love" you whispered. And you ended the call