Chapter 6

"What lies are you talking about?" Steve asked acting all dumb. He pushed past Lauryn walking up to the front door.

"Barb is dead" Lauryn sternly said. In that moment Steve's face went white. He quickly rushed towards Lauryn grabbing her arm and throwing her inside.

"Who told you?" Steve questioned as she locked the front door.

"So it's true. What I saw was true" Lauryn said sinking down on the floor.

"Hey" Steve said softly grabbing Lauryn's arm.

"Stop. Stop trying to be nice all of the sudden. You've never noticed my struggles before don't try and help me now" Lauryn said standing up and wiping the fresh tears.

She stormed up the stairs and to her bedroom where she laid on her bed. She wanted to just fall asleep and wake up to everything being the way it was...before the night of Steve's party.

Lauryn was walking down the stairs hearing music coming from the backyard. Barb and Nancy were out back with Steve and his friends. Somehow Lauryn wasn't invited to hang out. After all those were her two best friends in her backyard and yet she had no clue they were coming.

Lauryn walked outside to see Nancy shotgunning a beer.

"Hey" Lauryn said softly as she wrapped the blanket around her tighter.

"Great can you get us another pack of beer from the garage" Tommy demanded shaking his empty beer can in the air. This caused Carol to let out a laugh.

Lauryn stood there frozen in place when Steve spoke out. "You heard him go get the 12 pack" Steve demanded like Tommy. Nancy looked sorry for Lauryn as she was never included in this party and was now deemed the servant for the night. Lauryn had always told Nancy about the work she had to do around the house but this was the first time Nancy was seeing it first hand.

"Yeah I'll go get it" Lauryn said as she swiftly went to the garage. She retrieved the beer and when she came back she found them all gone. She began to clean up the mess in the yard.

Lauryn was awoken out of her dream or nightmare by her alarm. She rolled out of bed not in the mood to look modest and presentable. Instead she woke up feeling rebellious and threw on a T-shirt and ripped jeans.

She quickly brushed out her straight locks and went downstairs to eat something.

"Hey look about last night" Steve began as he walked into the kitchen.

"Nope. I'm not talking about it because it didn't happen" Lauryn said not wanting to accept reality. She bit into an apple and headed upstairs to get her brother up for school.

"Troy c'mon get up" Lauryn sassed, it was an unusual tone for her.

"I'm up" Troy said as he retreated to the bathroom. Lauryn grabbed her backpack and exited the house starting her walk to school quite early.

She reached the school in no time and knew it couldn't be any later than 7:15. Unfortunately for her school didn't start until 8:05.

It was then she noticed the blue Camaro in the parking lot. As she walked up to it she heard a voice.

"Hey" Billy called out. He was in workout shorts and was drenched in sweat.

"Hi" Lauryn responded back. She clung onto her books and looked down at the ground.

"Why are you at school so early?" She asked as she stood in front of her.

"I could ask the same thing" Billy flirtatiously responded back. He opened his car door grabbing his bag of what Lauryn assumes clothes for the day.

"I got in a fight and left the house" Lauryn said slightly embarrassed. She sounded like she was 10 and running away from home over a fight about dinner that night. It seemed childish to her after she had explained herself out loud.

Billy let out a chuckle. "I come and practice some mornings. I get away from ah home. I'm gonna hit the showers. I'll see you after school"

Billy walked back into the gym with his bag in hand. Lauryn walked to the bleachers were she sat for the next twenty minutes by herself.

Once people slowly started to file into school Lauryn decided to head in herself. She stopped by her locker before heading to her first period class with Tammy and unfortunately Steve.

During her last class of the day Lauryn was unable to concentrate. Instead she scribbled drawings on the edge of her notebook paper. The bell rang startling Lauryn out of her daze.

"Lauryn are you okay?" Tammy asked as she chased after her. "You seem quiet today"

"Hey you ready?" Billy asked as he rounded the corner facing Lauryn. Lauryn waved by to Tammy before heading out the door towards his car.

They both waited for the red head who knocked Lauryn over the other day to come to the car but after waiting for 10 minutes Billy decided enough was enough.

"I'm leaving get in" Billy sternly said. He clearly was pissed off at the young girl for waisting his time.

"You're not going to wait for your sister?" Lauryn questioned as she closed the door.

"She's not my sister" was all Billy said before blasting some AC/DC and pulling out of the parking lot.

Lauryn looked out the window on her drive to Billy's house. He lived far from Loch Nora where her family lived. Instead he lived on the other part of town on Old Cherry Hill rd.

It didn't bother Lauryn but it was interesting to see this part of town. After all her parents never wandered over here and she wasn't allowed to wander much herself.

"So what makes you like this shit hole so much?" Billy asked as his hands tapped to the music on the steering wheel.

"I never said I liked this place. If I could I would leave but I'm trapped here" Lauryn explained sinking her head into her palm. Billy didn't comment back instead he drove straight into the driveway and got out of the car.

"C'mon you have an hour tops before you have to leave" Billy said. Lauryn following his orders rushed into the house behind him.

She was met with a quaint minimalist home. The furniture inside was just the basic necessities. Lauryn sat down at the dining room table grabbing her pencils and paper from her bag.

"Let's begin" Lauryn said. Billy sighed before grabbing a pencil himself.

••••••••••••
5 likes for the next chapter to be released!