Chapter 12

The next morning Lauryn found herself trying to look perfect. She had on her new bikini she's been waiting to wear. She made sure her hair was perfect as well.

Lauryn heard a honk come from outside figuring it was Tammy. She grabbed her sunglasses and pool bag sprinting out of her room, down the stairs and out the front door.

Tammy waved at Lauryn as she jammed out to music coming from the radio. Lauryn sprinted across the front lawn before diving into the passenger seat.

"Hey" Tammy greeted before shifting the car from park to drive. The older car Tammy's parents had gifted her made a few funny noises before moving.

"So is your brother home?" Tammy asked looking in her rear view mirror for his car. Lauryn laughed finding Tammy's crush on Steve amusing.

"No he's working. You know you should stop by and asking him out or something" Lauryn explained. Tammy shrugged her shoulders at the idea.

"So what happened this time that you brought out the new bikini we bought last week?" Tammy asked as she pulled on the strap flicking it back on Lauryn's skin.

"Ow and the same fight as always. I'm just trying to prove that I look hot. A little tease while he's at work should do it" Lauryn said grinning at her plan. Tammy rolled her eyes before letting out a laugh.

Tammy pulled into the already crowded Hawkins Community Pool parking lot and parked the car in the last spot. The girls exited immediately feeling the hot burning sun hit their skin.

"Man is it hot" Tammy said wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead.

"It's July Tammy the best time of the year" Lauryn exclaimed. Lauryn loved summer, she loved the tan her skin got, she loved the hot weather and she loved not having school. Tammy on the other hand hated summer, she always got burnt, couldn't handle the heat and would rather be in school than working all summer long.

"C'mon" Lauryn said wrapping her arm around the girls shoulder. The two walked up to the desk where one of Billy's fellow lifeguards was on break reading a magazine.

"Hey Heather" Lauryn greeted. Lauryn had know Heather her whole life. The girl lived a few houses down from her. They were friendly but never expanded their friendship into anything more.

"Oh hey Lauryn. You can go in I won't charge you" Heather said before going back to reading her magazine.

Lauryn winked at Tammy before slipping her sunglasses on. Lauryn walked out from under the building to find two lounge chairs for her and Tammy. As they began their walk around the pool a voice greeted Lauryn.

"Lauryn, how are you?" Mrs.Wheeler asked.

"I'm good and you?"

"I'm good. How's your summer going?"

"It's great" Lauryn said with a smile before continuing on her way. A few chairs down from Mrs. Wheeler was two empty lounge chairs. The girls set up their towels and sun lotion before relaxing, letting the sun hit their skin.

"Here comes your boyfriend" Tammy said hitting Lauryn in the arm. They both looked towards the locker room to see Billy walking out.

Lauryn could see every single female at the pool had their eyes on Billy, yet it didn't bother her. He was good looking and this job required practically no clothes so why did Billy get upset with her when she talked to a classmate? Billy slowly made his way around to the lifeguard chair, complimenting Mrs.Wheeler on the way. As he approached the girls he shifted his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose.

"Teasing me at work I see" Billy seductively whispered before climbing up the lifeguard stand.

"Okay I'm not trying to be a paranoid girlfriend but why the hell is he complimenting Nancy's mom" Lauryn asked Tammy once Billy was out of hearing.

"Oh Lauryn you said it yourself, he's the flirty type. Mrs.Wheeler doesn't have the best marriage either. Look none of her friends do. They would rather dote over some teenage boy than be home with their families" Tammy commented.

Lauryn still felt uneasy after hearing the words Billy said.

Hours later and the sun began to shift downwards meaning the pool was closed until tomorrow. The girls packed up their bags and headed to the parking lot.

"I'll catch you later. I'll have Billy drive me home" Lauryn said waving goodbye to Tammy. Lauryn waited on the hood of the Camaro for Billy to come out of work.

Billy eventually came out of the gates freshly showered and in clean clothes.

"Hey I told Tammy you would drive me home" Lauryn said sweetly going in for a kiss but Billy deflected her going straight for the drivers door.

"Yeah that's fine I just have to be somewhere tonight" Billy said. He looked nervous to Lauryn.

They sat down in the car, Billy pulling out of his employee parking spot.

"So did you like my new bathing suit?" Lauryn asked all flirty. Billy chuckled.

"Yeah it's was cute" Billy said. Lauryn was taken back. "Cute" he never called anything cute.

"Billy are you mad at me? We can talk about it if you want" Lauryn asked softly afraid another flare up might occur.

"Ugh" Billy said under his breath as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm not going to lie. You've been holding back and I have needs. I was planning on meeting Mrs. Wheeler tonight" Billy said.

Lauryn once again had tears pooling in the corner of her eyes. "Do you know how embarrassing that is for me. What if she told her daughter that she slept with her best friend's boyfriend uh? Why didn't you just come to me. If you would have just stopped being so damn jealous all the time you probably would have been getting some" Lauryn said disgusted and angry at Billy.

Billy remained silent.

"Are you still going?" Lauryn asked outraged

Billy once again didn't answer.

"I should have ended this relationship a long time ago. I should have left you the moment you started treating me like this" Lauryn exclaimed. This statement triggered rage in Billy.

He began to speed down the dark road.

"Billy slow down you're going to kill us" Lauryn yelled. Billy turned his head to face Lauryn about to say something when all of the sudden the windshield cracked and the car is pushed out of control.

The Camaro spins out of control stopping in a bush. Smoke rises from the hood of the car and the two try to come out of their disoriented state.

"Ugh" Lauryn said feeling her bleeding head. She looked over to see Billy in the same shape as her.

She crawled out of her driver side as her door was badly bent and unable to open.

"Shit" Billy kept repeating as he examined the car. He looked upset.

Lauryn didn't say a word just continued to walk away from the car and Billy.

"Where are you going?" Billy asked annoyed.

"I don't know somewhere far from you. You're more concerned about getting to some sleezy motel to get a quick fix in than my wellbeing" Lauryn yelled.

Billy sat on the hood of his car as Lauryn made her way towards the building hoping to find a phone. A loud scurrying noise rustled the bushes frightening the two.

"WHO'S THERE? Lauryn just come back here" Billy said waving the girl to the car.

"It's probably a raccoon. I'm not scared Billy. I don't need you protecting me" she responded opening the door to the factory.

Suddenly Lauryn was swept off her feet being dragged by something.

"Billy" she yelled but the boy thought she was joking at first. Her scream became deafening and it was then that Billy ran in after her.

••••••••
5 likes for the next chapter to be released!