Chapter 18

"El? El? What's wrong?" Mike questions as El screams in agony.

"My leg" she mutters. Jonathan and Nancy remove them bandages off her leg to reveal an extremely infected wound.

Just as they look away repulsed they see movement come from the wound. El begins to show pain trying to hold back the screams.

"El, El, El, Are you okay?" He asked looming over her body.

"Ahhhhhh" El scream releasing everything she's been holding in.

The creature continues to work around El's leg.

"What is that?" Erica asked.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake" Jonathan explained before sprinting towards the food court. He hops the counter and grabs a wooden spoon, two plastic gloves and knife.

He then proceeds to turn on a burner to disinfect the knife.

Once he's done he runs back to the group handing El the spoon to bite on as he cuts open the wound. He's hesitant before sticking his hand into the cut to find the creature.

He tries to fish around but the pain is unbearable for El. She instead does it herself using her powers to force the creature out of her leg.

She examines the creature mid air before catipulting it out of frustration. It was then the kids saw Hopper, Joyce and Murray Bauman. They looked beaten and bruised having gone through their own trials and tribulations themselves.

Hopper runs to El scooping her up into his arms. Jonathan and Will greet there mother will the rest just stand around watching the moment take place.

"So about the Russians" Dustin spoke out. It was a nice loving moment between the families but they had big problems to worry about.

"Oh good you know about the Russians" Hopper said.

"No we don't. We know about the mind flayer and the flayed citizens of Hawkins" Nancy said.

"Mind flayer?" Joyce asked.

"Yeah it sorta destroyed your cabin" Lucas said. Hopper looked pissed off.

"Sorry" Lucas said.

"Ok, so just to be clear this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic weapon?" Steve asked.

"Yes" Nancy responded

"And my sister is the mastermind, the puppeteer?" Steve asked.

"Yes exactly" Nancy exclaimed. Just then Murray comes running shouting at them for attention. He throws the maps of the russian underground area down onto the table. 

"I'm unsure of the scale of this map but I'm guessing it's short maybe 50 feet or so" Murray guessed.

"Try 500. What you're just going to waltz in there likes it's commie Disneyland or something?" Erica sassed as she stepped forward.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Murray questioned appalled by the attitude displayed towards him.

"I'm Erica Sinclair and who are you?"

"I'm-Murray Bauman" he said astonished.

"Listen Mr.Bunman I'm not trying to tell you how to do things but if you all listen to him you'll die!"

As Murray and Erica fought over superiority in the smartness department Lauryn was driving closer to the mall.

The mind flayer was now in full control of Lauryn, her thoughts, her movements, her speech all controlled by it.

The only thing not controlled was her feelings, as the mine flayer had none.

She drove straight through Main Street with Billy's bruised and beaten car. She blew threw red lights receiving blaring horns from the citizens that weren't at the fair.

She pulled up to the parking lot to find Billy, Nancy and Jonathan ushering the younger kids into the car. Except since it wasn't Lauryn the mind flayer had no ties and had one object them...kill them especially the girl with powers.

Lauryn drove the car straight towards the group, shots being fired by Nancy when Steve came out of nowhere plowing into Lauryn.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked Robin.

Lauryn was unconscious in the car which was now ignited in flames. Billy ran towards the car pulling the girl out.

The flesh creature roared as it climbed on top of the Star court mall.

"Billy back away" Nancy yelled. Billy, however, wasn't listening. Jonathan and Steve ran over to him yanking Lauryn out of his grasp and pulling him away.

"What the hell. What if she's hurt?" Billy yelled concerned.

"It's better that's she unconscious, the mind flayer has no control" Nancy explained as they all huddled together looking at the creature.

Nancy drove the station wagon towards Robin and Steve who jumped into the trunk. They then speed off leading the creature away from the mall, and away from El.

••••••••
Sorry for the wait! Next chapter should be out within a week!!!