Chapter 10

1 month later...

Lauryn sprayed the last bit of hairspray before shimming on her dress.

"Can you zip me up?" She asked Billy who was currently sitting on her bed.

"I don't understand why you need to go to this stupid middle school dance. Although I have to say you look hot" Billy said as he zipped the back of Lauryn's dress.

"I promised Nance I would go with her and help out. It's one night Billy I think you can live without me" Lauryn said teasing the boy. She thanked him by placing a kiss on his lips. Billy snaked his arms around her waist not wanting her to move.

"Okay, I get it I look hot. You know you can still come to the dance with me tonight" she said pulling away from Billy's lips.

"Yeah a middle school dance, no thanks" Billy said falling back onto the bed.

"Cmon I'm going to be late" Lauryn said smacking him lightly with her purse. Billy got up and walked with Lauryn outside to his car. The car ride consisted of the two bopping their heads to rock music.

Billy pulled up to the double doors of the middle gym.

"I'll see you later" Lauryn said giving Billy one last kiss before exiting the car. She straightened out her dress as she walked in. Lauryn visually scanned the dance, looking for Nancy.

Once she saw her she made her way over to Nancy.

"Hey Nance" Lauryn greeted.

"Lauryn you look stunning. Trying to get asked to dance with one of the middle school boys?" Nancy joked. Lauryn laughed.

"Yeah so Billy can go beating them up. So how's Jonathan and you doing?" Lauryn asked as the two scooped punch into cups handing them to the middle schoolers.

Nancy bite her lip, something she always did when she's asked personal questions. She quickly looked at Jonathan who looked back at her and smiled.

"We are good" she said with a smile. It was then Lauryn saw Nancy's focus shifted to the curly haired boy across the gym. He was sitting by himself.

She left the punch table and walked over to him, bringing him to the dance floor. His frown instantly turning into a smile.

Lauryn looked around to find Max dancing with her "boyfriend" Lucas. They haven't officially started dating but Max has expressed her feelings for Lucas to Lauryn.

Lauryn wasn't sure what happened between Max and Billy but the two seem to get along better, and as in better, they don't fight anymore.

Since Lauryn and Billy began dating Max has taken a liking to Lauryn, confiding in her as if she was her older sister. Lauryn didn't mind as it was a change in pace from the boys she was sandwiched in between at home.

Max walked over to the punch bowl looking nervous.

"Hey you okay?" Lauryn asked as she handed her a cup. Max chugged the drink before placing the empty cup down.

"I kissed him" she said looking astonished at the words she just spoke.

"Well go back and dance, don't leave him hanging" Lauryn said pushing the girl back to the dance floor.

After a couple more hours of serving punch the Hawkin's snow ball dance came to an end. The middle schoolers filed out leaving Nancy, Jonathan and Lauryn along with some of the teachers to clean up.

"It was nice what you did for um-" Lauryn began but she couldn't recall the name of the curly haired boy.

"Dustin. Yeah he's mike's friend. Plus girls are vicious at this age. They don't know any better" Nancy said.

The finished cleaning up in silence trying to get the job done as quick as possible. Lauryn had told Billy to pick her up for 10. Just as they were done cleaning up Billy walked in.

"So do I have to beat up any middle school boys?" Billy asked. He had his hands in his leather jacket and was grinning.

Lauryn ran into his arms giving him a kiss on the lips.

"Someone missed me" Billy said in between kisses. Billy placed Lauryn back on the ground wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Let me go say goodbye and then we can head out" Lauryn said dragging Billy closer to Nancy and Jonathan.

"Hey I'm going to head out but I'll see you guys during Christmas break" Lauryn said. Jonathan and Nancy both looked up smiling at Lauryn.

"Merry Christmas" Nancy said while waving goodbye to the girl.

"Merry Christmas" Lauryn called back as the two exited the gym.
————
New Years Eve of '84:

Everyone gathered at Tina's house once again for the biggest party in Hawkins. Billy and Lauryn were talking to friends while Nancy and Jonathan danced. Steve was somewhere drinking, trying to find a midnight kiss.

"Okay we are a minute from the New Year" someone yelled gaining the attention of almost everyone at the party.

Lauryn and Billy counted down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The two kissed ringing in the new year.

"Happy New Year Billy, 1985 is going to be the best yet" Lauryn said.

Lauryn, however, had no clue what the year was about to bring.

••••••••
6 likes for the next chapter to be released!