3

>>>>

>>>>

The past few days I had been disgustingly indulging in fast food, making me sick to my stomach now that I thought about the awful food I ingested. Everyday that past I felt worse, I ignored my sisters messages, and most importantly, I ignored my parents. I felt guilty but at the same time I could care less.

I decided that today I'd answer my sister back. It wasn't her fault that my parents humiliated me. I pick up my phone and dial her number as I wait for her to pick up. "Dani?' Thank god, I thought something happened to you. Listen—I'm so sorry for what happened on Thursday"

"Did they say anything after I left?", I ask coldly. I bite my nails as I wait for her to answer. "No. They resumed the party and acted as if nothing had happened". I laugh coldly as my tired, sleep deprived eyes begin to burn. "I'm so sorry, Dani"

"Why are you apologizing for? You weren't the one who humiliated me in front of hundreds of people", I tell her matter-of-factly. I hear her sigh on the the other end of the line, "I know, but what they did was uncalled for"

"That's mom and dad for you", I joke as I pick up my laundry and throw it into the washing machine. "So how've you been?", she asks me. "Seriously?", I scoff into my phone. "Right—sorry"

"Listen I have to get to work, I'll text you later on, okay?", I tell her as I tap my foot on the floor. "Dani—if you—if you decide not to associate yourself with mom and dad for good, then—well I'll support you no matter what. I know how unhealthy your relationship with them is, but I want you to know that at the end of the day you have me, okay?"

"Okay, Jess. I love you"

"I love you too, big sis"

I hang up the phone as I get ready for work. My house phone starts to ring as I run down the stairs to try and answer it. I miss it by a few seconds as it goes straight to voicemail. "Daniella, it's your mother. Your father and I are so disappointed in you. How dare you embarrass us like that in front of all of our friends? We did what we thought was best for you and this is how you repay us? You better think about what you're doing young lady. You have one more strike, and if you tick that strike then you, young lady, can consider yourself no longer apart of this family!", and with that she slams the phone shut.

My mom was actually insane. She was overreacting and once again she found a way to make all of this my fault. She was impossible. My dad was just as accountable. He followed my mom like a lost puppy, and I was getting sick of it. When was he going to realize how controlling she was? When was he going to stand up to her and learn how to do things for himself?

I shake my head as I look at the time. I grab my bag and rush out the door as I pass by the café to get my usual coffee. I rush to work as I sit down at my desk. I open my computer and get right to work as Miss Bourgeois does her rounds again. I keep my eyes trained on my work as her shadow cascades over my desk. "Miss Valentine? A word in my office, please"