26

>>>>

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

>>>>

"Dani, wake up! We have to go!", I hear Sebastian yell frantically. Chris and Anthony barge into my room yelling the exact same thing as Sebastian, as I immediately bolt out of my bed in a panic. I look around, bewildered as I try and figure out what's going on. "What?! What?! Are you guys okay? Let's go!", I scream as I run for my door. They run out before me and I follow suit but from having just woken up, I ran right into my door, sending me flying backward and onto my back as I hold my face, "Ow! Oh my god that hurt so bad", I laugh as I continue to hold my face. The pain struck through my nose as I began to cry, but it was so painful that I was laughing and crying at the same time. "Oh my god!", Chris screams as he runs back into the room.

Instead of coming to help me or ask if I'm okay, Chris starts laughing hysterically, and is soon joined by Anthony and then Sebastian. I laugh with them but immediately stop when I feel something wet in my hands. I remove them from my face and look down at them as I notice a stain of red lingering on both of my hands. "Oh my god, I think I broke my nose!", I scream as I stand up and rush towards my bathroom. I open the light and turn to the mirror as I gasp. Blood covered my face, my hands having smudged it. My nose was red and throbbing as the bleeding continued. I pinched the bridge of my nose immediately to try and stop the bleeding. "We need to get you to the hospital", Sebastian says worriedly as he stand behind me. "I don't think that's really necessary. I'm sure it'll heal on its own, right?", I reassure him as I grab paper to wipe away the blood. "I don't think so. It's best if we have you checked out just to be sure"

"I'll be fine—"

"Dani! You should listen to Seb", Anthony says as he walks into my bathroom. "I don't see the big deal"

"You're one tough girl aren't you?", Chris comments as he points to my nose. "I have a pretty high tolerance for pain...or maybe it's just because of the adrenaline rush you three doofuses gave me! What was all that about, huh?", I point my finger at them accusingly. "We tried to prank you...but we ended up breaking your nose instead", Sebastian says as he slowly backs up. Chris and Anthony run out of the room as I shake my head, "I'm so going to get them back", I whisper to myself as Sebastian brings me downstairs. I put on a sweater and Sebastian grabs his keys as we get into his car, heading straight for the hospital. Blood stained my white pyjama top as my nose continued to bleed profusely. "Has the bleeding stopped?", Seb asks me as he glances over at me. I shake my head and close my eyes, the throbbing in my nose increasing with every passing minute. I feel Sebastian grab onto my hand as he interlocks our fingers.

I smile to myself and give his hand a squeeze as I keep my eyes closed. Moments later Sebastian alerts me that we're at the hospital. I sat down as he went to go talk to a nurse. Five hours later and someone finally called my name. I tiredly walk into the examining room with Sebastian as the doctor walks in to assess me. He touches my nose as I jump back into Sebastian's chest.

He holds me tight as he places several kisses on my head and my cheek to keep me calm and distracted. "You definitely have a broken nose", the doctor finally says. "But! Lucky for you it's not a severe break so you won't need surgery, but it will take at least three weeks to heal, and there will be bruising around your nose and under your eyes. You should apply a compress for fifteen to twenty minutes everyday to try and decrease the swelling in your nose. I can prescribe you some pain medication to decrease the pain you're feeling but other than that you should be fine. Any questions?", he smiles.

"No, thank you", I say as he walks out of the room. He comes back a few moments later with a prescription and advises us to go down to the pharmacy to pick up my pain medication. "You're so lucky I love you guys", I finally say when the doctor leaves. "You still look as beautiful as ever", Sebastian smiles. I give him a small smile, "Nice try"

We walk down to the pharmacy and pick up my medication before exiting the hospital. When we get home Chris and Anthony are sitting in the living room watching TV. I clear my throat as they turn towards Sebastian and I. They jump when they look at my face, that had already started to bruise. "Oooh", Chris says as he places his hand in front of his mouth. "Did we do that?"

"You did", I smile at them. "You still look beautiful though", Anthony tries. "Mmh, it shows you all share one brain", I comment as I walk into the kitchen to grab some ice. I place it in a ziplock and place it on my nose as I sigh in relief. "That feels good"

"Sorry, about your nose", Anthony says as he leans against the wall in the kitchen. "It's no big deal. It was an accident", I shrug as I continue to place the ice on my nose. "Seriously?"

"What?!"

"You're not mad?", Chris adds as he looks at Anthony and Sebastian skeptically. I shake my head and set down the ice pack, "No, why would I be? It was an accident, they happen. In a few weeks I'll be as good as new!", I smile at them, but little did they know I was culminating a plan in my head to get back at them.

"Okay then, how about we order some food? Our treat"

"Food is always a good idea", I answer back as Chris nods his head. "So Dani, when's your father moving to Los Angeles?", Sebastian asks. "He already sent a few of his things over here but he should be settled in by the end of the month"

"Are you excited?", Anthony asks as he grabs a snack from the fridge. "Yes, but I'm also really nervous"

"Why are you nervous?"

"I'm just not used to having a real father figure in my life and knowing that this man is my real father just adds onto those nerves. I just want to be a good daughter for him", I sigh as I look down at my hands. "And you will be! I'm sure he's just as nervous as you are. This is new to him too, Dani. That's already one thing you have in common. You'll grow and adapt together, that's what's so beautiful about all of this", Sebastian says as he places his hand on mine.

"Seb is right. Everything will be fine, Dani. Just take it one day at a time", Anthony replies. I nod my head and smile as I lean my head on my hands, "Anthony stop eating! Chris is ordering food", I laugh as he grabs another snack from the fridge. "I'm a man and I'm hungry. I'm a hungry man, so let me eat", he sasses back.

"Alright, alright", I laugh as I put my hands up in the air. The doorbell rings as I look at the boys, "It can't be the food already? Chris just ordered", I say in confusion. Anthony gets up and walks towards the door, opening it. I hear his muffled voice talking before he calls out for me, "Daniella? Someone's here to see you"

"What?", I say to Sebastian. He shrugs his shoulders and stands up with me as we walk towards the door. Anthony steps aside and my muscles immediately tense. I couldn't believe my eyes. I stumble into Sebastian's chest as he grips onto my hips, pulling me into him. "Who is that, Dani?"

"That's my—she's my—mom?!"