12

>>>>

>>>>

I was just about to start reading where I had left off in the letter when Sebastian calls my name. I sigh, folding the paper and placing  it back into the envelope and into the box inside the closet. I shut the closet door and lean against it for a few seconds. Maybe it's a good thing that Sebastian interrupted me from finishing to read that letter.

"I'm coming!", I call out as I walk back down the hallway and into the living room. Sebastian was curled up on the couch with a blanket wrapped around him. I lean against the wall and cross my arms as I look at him, a smile forming on my face, "What are you doing?", I laugh as he turns to look at me. He yanks the cover off of his head and clears his throat, "I was thinking we could have a movie marathon today?"

"Really?", I ask him. I loved movie marathons and staying home in my pyjamas doing nothing and just eating food was something I found so exciting. "You don't want to", he frowns, "It's fine. We can do something else. What would you like to do?"

"Sebastian! I'd love to have a movie marathon. I'm the last person who would want to go out right now", I laugh as I grab the house phone, "How does Chinese food sound?"

"Perfect", he smiles widely. I call the restaurant and order an assortment of foods before hanging up. "Can you help me with the snacks?", I ask him as I walk into the kitchen. "Of course"

We start filling bowls with different candies and chocolates as I proceed to place a bag of popcorn in the microwave. I move over to the cabinet that held the glasses but struggle to reach one of them due to my height, "Sebastian?", I ask shyly. My face turns a shade of pink as he walks over to me, his eyebrows furrowed. "What's up?"

"Can you—can you get that cup for me, I can't reach", I say in a small voice as I stand behind him. This was so embarrassing. "You're adorable", he says as he easily reaches over to grab the cup from the shelf. He said I was adorable, but I knew he didn't mean it in the way I hoped he would. "Thank you!"

An awkward silence fills the room as he moves away from me and picks up the bowls, bringing them into the living room. Thankfully enough the doorbell rang and I ran towards the door to open it. I hand the delivery guy the money and bring the bags of food towards Sebastian. He grabs one of the bags out of my hand and sets it down on the coffee table as I pull up a small table for us to eat on. "What movie do you want to watch first?", I ask him as I grab the remote control. "Grease"

"Really?! That's one of my favorite movies", I tell him as I sit down next to him. I grab the blanket and open it up, placing it over both of us as I move the small table closer to us. "Here, press play and I'll sort out the food", I tell Sebastian as I open the bags of steaming hot food. I place the different containers on the table and hand Sebastian a plate and utensils. "Thank you for coming and visit me"

Sebastian looks over at me and smiles as he starts to fill up his plate, "It was my pleasure. You know, I always find it so funny how things changed from the first time we met to now", he says as we begin to eat. "I didn't even know who you were! But when I found out, I thought you were a stuck up, showoff type of actor", I laugh. He laughs along with me as he grabs a napkin, "I thought you were pretty funny"

"Really?"

"Yeah. You had spunk, you were sarcastic, confident", he says as he wipes his mouth. I nod my head as we both pay attention the movie in front of us. The majority of the time Sebastian and I sang along to the songs before I jumped off the couch and started dancing around. Sebastian broke out into fits of laughter as he sang along. We were having so much fun that I failed to realize that Sebastian would be leaving tomorrow.

I throw myself back onto the couch, breathless as I turn my head to look at Sebastian, "What just happened", he laughs. "I told you, this is my favorite movie", I laugh as I playfully punch his shoulder.

Time passed as we watched multiple movies together, eventually falling asleep next to one another on the couch, my head rested on his shoulder and a huge blanket draped over the both of us.

***

"I'm going to miss you", I say as Sebastian steps out of my house. He smiles a sad smile and hugs me tightly, "Me too. You take care of yourself, okay? We'll keep in touch"

"Good luck on your wedding day! Congratulations again, and don't trip down the aisle", I laugh as I close the door behind me so I'm now standing outside in the cold. "I'll try not to"

"And don't forget what I told you about Chris and Anthony. They can both be your best men, okay? It's your wedding too and you should be equally as happy as she is", I tell him as I hug him one more time. "Thanks, Dani. I'll let you know what happens, okay?"

"Yeah", I say. I walk back towards my house as my foot glides on yet another piece of ice, a hand quickly grabbing onto my sweater and pulling me towards their chest, "You're the clumsiest person I know", Sebastian says as his face sits just inches away from mine. I look into his eyes as my heart begins to race. He slowly starts to lean in and so do I, but he pulls away seconds before our lips could collide.

He stands up straight and clears his throat, "I should get going. Bye, Dani". I simply nod, too embarrassed to speak. I watch him drive off as I stand there in the cold for a few minutes, replaying what had just happened. This is the second time we almost kissed, however this time we were so close to doing so.

I shake my head as I walk back into my house, closing the door behind me. I spent the entire day cleaning the house, both upstairs and downstairs. Once I finished I went upstairs into my bathroom to take a nice shower. The past two days with Sebastian were refreshing and well needed but I now found that every time he left, the harder it got.

I highly doubt that after this week he'll keep in contact with me, especially with Kara becoming his wife. She'd be a hawk, eyeing his every move and god forbid she saw my name on his phone, she'd lose it. He'd be too busy with being married and acting to have time to check in on me. I knew for a fact that this was going to happen. We came from two different worlds, though I saw him as any other person. He was an actor, he traveled the world, he had millions of fans, he lived in Los Angeles. I worked for a design company, I've never left the city, I barely had anybody, I lived in New York.

I kept telling myself these things to convince myself that I wasn't falling for him but I was failing miserably as I felt the tears building in my eyes finally slip down my face. I slide down the wall, my head in my hands. In a few days he would officially be a married man and there was nothing I could do about it.

I contemplated calling Jessica but I didn't want to burden her with my problems, and I couldn't call my parents because of everything that happened, so I was completely and utterly alone—again. That empty feeling in my chest was a pain unlike any other. I had lost the majority of my family in the span of a couple months. Never would I have thought that I'd be shunned by my own parents. I knew we had our differences, but I would've never thought that it would get to a point where we would remove ourselves from each other's lives.

Thinking about this made me think back to that letter. Maybe I should finish reading it. Maybe I'd find out something worth knowing. My mom did say that she was hiding "the truth" from me since the day I was born so maybe if I finished reading that letter it would answer some questions I had.

With these questions and thoughts swirling in my mind I stand up and bound down the hallway, shakily opening the closet door and pulling out the envelope from the box. I sit on the couch as my shaky hands fight to open the sealed envelope once more. Once I succeed in opening the envelope I pull out the wrinkled sheet of paper and read through it again as I try and find where I had left off. The moment I do, I take a deep breath, "Time to find out the truth"