15

>>>>

>>>>

Sebastian's POV:

Today was my wedding day, or what was supposed to be. Kara got food poisoning last night and it led us to cancel the wedding. She was in bed all night last night but she wouldn't stop complaining about canceling the wedding and getting sick and how she would fire the personal chef she hired to make her meal. She was whining all day and it was rendering me annoyed. "Sebastian! Are you even listening to me?"

"What?", I snap out of my daze as I look at her. She shakes her head and turns to look at the TV, "You're useless", she whispers to herself, thinking that I didn't hear her. I sigh in frustration as I get up heading towards the hotel door, "Where are you going?", she whines. "Out"

I slam the door behind me, hard enough to let Kara know that I was mad. I exit the hotel and breathe in the air as I sit down on one of the benches. I grab my phone out of my pocket and subconsciously type in Dani's number that I had somehow memorized. I wait for the other end to pick up as I tap my foot on the ground impatiently, "Hello?", a strained voice answers. "Dani?"

"Sebastian? Aren't you supposed to be walking down the aisle—I don't—maybe about now!", is the first thing she says. I laugh as I shake my head; typical Dani. "We had to postpone it, Kara got food poisoning"

"What?! Is she okay?", genuine concern seeped from her voice. "She's fine, nothing too serious. How've you been?", I ask her as I stare at the sky. I hear slight hesitation in her voice before she answers me, "I'm good, busy with work and all", she tries to play off, but I don't buy it. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah", she says lightly. "You know if there's something wrong you can tell me right?", I console her and reassure her. I had only known Dani for a few months but I wanted her to know that I was there for her, no matter what. "It's a really long story, and it's complicated. I'll tell you soon, just focus on your wedding, okay Seb?"

"I miss you", I spit out. I hear her take in a sharp breath as the line goes silent for a few seconds, "I miss you too. Listen I have to go, good luck with the wedding, okay? And don't forget what I told you"

"You take good care of yourself, Dani"

"You too, Seb"

The line goes dead as I stare down at my phone in disappointment. I sigh as I shove my phone back in my pocket, "What are you doing?", a voice says suddenly. I open my eyes and look around to locate the voice. A small smile appears on my face as I peer down to see a little girl staring up at me, "Resting my eyes"

"Why?", she asks. "Because it makes me calm", I smile at her. She pulls herself up on the bench and sits next to me as I scoot over to give her more room. "My name is Ava, what's your name?"

"It's very nice to meet you, Ava. My name is Sebastian but you can call me Seb", she giggles as she grabs my hand with her very small ones, "You have the same name as Sebastian the crab from The Little Mermaid", she giggles again. I laugh with her as I let her play with my fingers, "Ava? Where are your parents?"

"Mommy and daddy are buying us lunch, but I was tired of standing up", she explains to me as she points to a couple near a food-truck. They wave at her as she waves back, "How old are you?", I ask her as she turns to look at me. "I'm going to be seven years old in three days!", she squeals as she holds up the number seven with her fingers. I smile at her and give her a high five, "How old are you, Seb?", she asks me sweetly. "I'm thirty-seven"

"That's really old", she crinkles her nose as she laughs at me. I was about to answer her back when her parents came over to us, "Ava! What did we tell you about talking to strangers. We're so sorry, she's a little social butterfly", her mom apologizes. I shake my head and wave her off, "It's fine, you have a beautiful daughter"

"Thank you. Ava, let's go. Daddy found us a table", her mom says as she extends her hand out for Ava to take. She hops off the bench and grabs her mothers hand as she turns to look back at me, "It was nice to meet you, Seb", she waves goodbye. "It was nice to meet you too, Ava", I wave back.

I watch as she grabs her father's hand too, all three of them walking hand in hand.  My smile falters as I look back down at my lap. What that family had was everything I had dreamed of having, yet I couldn't imagine having any of that with Kara, who was my soon-to-be wife. This had been a constant thought in the back of my mind that kept nagging me. I knew that I wasn't the same person I used to be, and people were starting to notice.

I sigh as I pull myself up, walking back into the hotel and back up to our room. When I open the door I find Kara watching a movie, "It's about time! Where did you go?"

"Out. I told you"

"What's your problem?!", she yells at me. I hold my head in my hands as I walk into the bathroom, "Can you stop yelling please?", I ask her as I look over at her. "Seriously what is up with you lately? You're not acting like yourself"

"I'm fine. You should really get some rest", I tell her as I splash some water on my face. I grab a hand towel from the rack beside me and dry my face as I close the bathroom light. "Don't tell me what to do", she says back. "I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just trying to help"

"Well don't", she answers back. "Seriously? In a few days I'm going to be your husband and that's all you can say to me? Don't? Fine! Take your antibiotics by yourself", I argue as I walk away from the bed, "Wait, Sebastian—"

"I'm going out. I'll give you some space", I sigh as I walk away from her. "I don't even know what time I need to take my antibiotics—Wait, Sebastian, I need you", she calls out. I stop at the door and sigh as I close my eyes shut, "Take two of the pills the doctor gave you in an hour from now and then take another two before you go to bed", I answer as I slam the door shut. This past week was filled with useless arguments between the both of us, mostly Kara being whiny and complaining about every little thing.

If this was a glimpse into the future for when we'd actually be married, then we were in big trouble. I don't want to get married just so that we can fight every single day. My mind slowly started to drift back to Dani and how uneasy she sounded on the phone. I was worried, but she told me that she'd tell me everything eventually. Whatever it was, I was hoping that it wasn't too serious.

I spent nearly two hours walking around, trying my best to clear my head. The only reason why I went back to the hotel was because of Kara. After an hour and a half into my walk she kept blowing up my phone which led me to turn it off and walk back to our room in frustration. She was too much. She made everything about her and always thought of herself.

Why was I even marrying this woman? She's not the same Kara that I met two years ago. When people say that fame changes you, it's not always true, but in Kara's case, it really is. When one of her photo shoots blew up the internet she became an overnight sensation and ever since then she's let it get to her head. She used to be kind, outgoing, and adventurous, but now, she's whiny, ungrateful and rude.

Was I marrying the right woman?