Chapter 8

Antonio's POV

Three beheaded bodies later, and a witness describing an old case that has been haunting Antonio for 10 years, has this case very personal.

The culprit is Andreas Diaz, or better known as Pulpo, the octopus.

They haven't found him yet but this time Antonio is sure that Pulpo won't disappear. He will get him, for good, this time.

"I need to go get Kate at the hospital" Antonio tells Hank, the clock has strike midnight and his wife is finished with her shift.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah" Antonio confirms, "Car's in at the dealership so she has no ride"

"Yeah, yeah, go." Hank nods and his second in command leave the district.

Antonio smiles as he sees his wife outside the hospital waiting for him to pick her up. Her car is in for service. Antonio's shift is far from over, Intelligence is working overtime to find Pulpo and get him off the streets but Kate has worked doubles since Friday, which was four days ago, and Sharon told her to go home since she's a walking zombie.

"Hey baby" Kate smiles as Antonio. Antonio gets out of the car and kisses her softly.

"You ready to go home?" she asks and Antonio sighs, "I'm dropping you off at home, I need to go back to work"

Kate frowns, "Your shift ended like two hours ago"

"Something jumped off. You remember Pulpo?"

"Yeah, uh, that means shark right?"

Antonio laughs, "Octopus. We gotta work on your Spanish"

Kate rolls her eyes with a smile, "in between feeding and cleaning up after you and my work, sure yeah"

Antonio scoffs, "I can feed myself and I try to clean up after myself thank you. Anyway, he's back and left a string of bodies so we need to catch him before he gets away again"

Kate sighs, "Alright, drop me off at home then. I'm taking a hot bath with candles and bath oil"

"You're going to be naked while I work?"

"Yup. My body's going to be wet and soft and smell like vanilla. Your favorite"

"You're killing me"

"I know" she says and Antonio groans as he opens the car door for her. He gets into the driver's seat and drives off unaware of the black BMW looking at them.

**

2 hours later

After shooting at the cops, Intelligence finally got Pulpo's right hand man, Munoz.. His minions all got away but they were positive that nobody would strike without the leader. They also know that if Munoz is caught, Pulpo will come out of hiding.

Antonio's the one who caught him after a long chase-down, and the detective punched him four times after catching him. He cuffed Munoz and then they escorted him back to the district where Munoz was thrown into the cage.

"Alright this is how it's gonna work. You all go home tonight; it was a long and tiring day. Munoz will stay in police custody; we'll tackle Pulpo tomorrow." Hank said and the team dismissed.

Antonio switches on the alarm and locks all the doors before going to his bedroom. Kate was sleeping already. He discarded his clothes and settled for only his boxers before getting into bed.

He wraps his arms around her tightly and Kate stirs, "Hmm, you're home"

"Hmm" Antonio whispers and kisses her cheek, "Sleep baby, I'm here"

Kate falls asleep immediately and Antonio falls asleep to her breathing a few minutes later.

The alarm rings earlier than Antonio would have wanted and he groans as he switches it off.

"Morning baby" Kate whispers and Antonio smiles, "You can sleep in; I have two hours before I have to be at work"

"Let's go get breakfast. We never have breakfast dates"

Antonio smiles and kisses her temple, "Alright"

The two got out of bed and took a shower together. Katelyn dressed in jeans and a sweater since it's not too cold out but still not Californian weather.

She left her hair down and put on minimum makeup. Antonio dressed in jeans and a green tight-fitting shirt.

"Hmm, my boy is sexy" she commented as she runs her hand down his tattooed arms. Antonio smirks cockily, "You only realize that now?"

"No, I realized that 6 years ago but my hubby's only getting sexier by the minute"

"Let's go you goof" Antonio rolls his eyes and the couple drives off to Bella's Café.

"So Sharon told me I'm off until Tuesday, I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do with my time"

"You're gonna bother me. Damn, no more peace and quiet"

Katelyn gasps and slaps his arm as she gets out of the car, "you're a jerk, a mean, mean jerk"

"I'm your jerk though" Antonio says sweetly as they make their way across the street to the Café.

"We'll see if you get to sleep in bed ton-"

They were cut off from their playful spat by a loud, ear piercing, gun shot and people screaming.

Everything happened in slow motion:

Antonio draws his gun to shoot the perp but civilians running down the streets have him lose the man that shot.

He looks down and screams for Kate but his wife's down on the floor with a bullet wound to her chest. Blood is everywhere – on her, on him, on the pavement.

"Kate! Kate, wake up!" he screams as he puts his gun away and cradles his wife. He gets his radio out

"This is detective Antonio Dawson, my wife was shot outside Bella's Café on the Northbrook Corner. I need help!"

In a flash of light police cars come to a halt along with an ambulance and the Intelligence crew.

"Antonio, what the hell happened?" Hank yelled but was ignored by the frantic man holding his wife's lifeless body. "Wake up, wake up, wake up" he murmurs softly to her.

Gabby and Shay gets out and Gabby freezes when she sees the victim

"Oh my God"

Shay is the one who gets to Kate first and Antonio helps her get Kate on a stretcher. Jay opens the ambo door and the man with the earring rides shotgun. The rest of the Intelligence crew, as sad and panicked as they are, scattered around looking for the shooter

Antonio sits down in the back of the ambo. There are tears in his brown eyes as he holds his wife's body while whispering pleads.

"I can't live without you. Please don't leave me all alone" he whispers and kisses her bloody hand. The ambulance comes to a halt at the Ambulance entrance of Chicago Med and an entire group of doctors waits for one of their own.

Choi and Maggie are the first ones to open the ambulance door

"30 year old Katelyn Dawson, shot gun to the chest, vitals are –"Antonio tunes out the voice of Gabby as they get the stretcher out on the ground. Choi; Rhodes and another few doctors run down to a trauma room. Antonio's eyes are filled with tears; his body is frantic and rigid. His wife is on that stretcher, unconscious and lifeless.