Chapter 26

Antonio's POV

"Erin, there's someone who wants to see you, he's downstairs" Trudy says as she walks upstairs. Erin nods and walks downstairs.

"Hey man, you wanna drink tonight?" Jay asks as he walks up to my desk. I nod, this has been a crazy day, "Please"

"Run it by your wife?"

"Nope" I say and shake my head, "I'm not on a leash"

Jay smirks, "Hey have you told her about Gina?"

"Yeah" I sigh, "Almost lost her shit man, but we're fine now."

"Did you tell her that Gina's coming to work here?"

"She was this close to crashing on the couch, I couldn't tell her"

Jay smirks, "I'm so glad I'm not you when she finds out. You'd be in deep shit"

Erin comes back, pissed off and pale as a ghost

"What's up?" Jay asks her, she doesn't look at him, "I'm fine" she mutters and walks into Hank's office.

**

Erin's POV

"Erin, there's someone who wants to see you, he's downstairs" Trudy tells me and I nod, I walk downstairs and Trudy points to a man sitting in the corner.

I freeze immediately, I feel nauseous, I stumble over to him

"Mark" I grunt, anger and hate laced with shock.

He stands up, "I know you must be shocked, but I can explain"

"You're going to explain how you faked your own death for 12 years?"

Meet Mark Roberts, Kate's older brother who is supposed to be dead.

"You have a lot of questions, I know, and I have answers, but not here"

"Does Kate know?"

"No" he sighs, "Can I please talk to you, explain?"

"Meet me at Molly's bar – across the street in an hour"

**

I meet Mark, without Kate's knowledge, at Molly's and find Antonio and Jay and Adam also there. I sigh loudly, I don't need them here right now.

"Who's the guy?" Jay asks; jealousy laced in his voice.

"Nobody, someone I used to know" I mutter and walk away. I sit across from Mark and sigh

"You want something to drink?" The man I grew up with asked

"No, talk Mark"

"I was on a case in Afghanistan, we called it Operation Poet, I'm not going into further details on that, but it was a dangerous operation – really dangerous, top – top secret, and some of the enemies got a hold of me, took me hostage, I did things for them – very illegal things – and not because I was threatened. I did it voluntarily. If anyone of the Marines' found out I could be put in jail so I hid, and faked my own death."

"For 12 years?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry Erin, I really am. I never meant to hurt anyone"

"Tell that to Kate Mark"

"Tell what to Kate?" Antonio asks, narrowing his eyes, "Who are you?"

"What's it to you man?" Mark asks, sizing Antonio up

I step in, "Mark, meet Antonio, Kate's husband, Antonio meet Mark, Kate's supposable dead brother."

"Excuse me?" He's murderous