Chapter 31

2 months later

Antonio's playing outside with Luke and Cammy while I'm preparing lunch. We both have off days and we're spending it with the kids. We've already taken them to breakfast, and then Luke wanted to go to the ice rink so we did that as well. Now we're home.

I see a car pulling up in front of the house, it's Erin. I open the front door and she has a beaming smile on her face

She shows me a ring and I gasp, "I'm getting married"

"Oh my God" I whisper, I beam and squeal as I hug her tight, "You're getting married!"

Erin sits down in the kitchen and tells me everything. Apparently Jay took her to dinner and propose to her during dessert. It's super adorable, and Erin is over the moon.

She stayed for a few hours and then went home.

"You'll never guess what happened?" I beam at Antonio as he gets a bottle of water out of the fridge

"Jay proposed to Erin, I know" he mutters as he takes a large gulp. I pout

Antonio smirks at my face, "I'm so happy about it."

"Me too"

"Doesn't look like it" I grumble and he chuckles as he kisses my temple. "I've known for a month, he's been planning it since then but then Al died and he didn't do it."

"Blabbermouth you have kept it a secret?"

"Yup, and I'm no blabbermouth" Antonio says and kisses my lips, "I'm going back out to the kids, join us?"

"Yeah, lunch is ready for whenever"

"A few more minutes, we're playing touch rugby. Camilla is the cheerleader"

"Ha" I laugh and join my family outside.

Antonio continues playing with Luke and I join Cam as cheerleaders. Luke scores again, although Antonio let him (but we're keeping that a secret) and my baby girl who is on my lap and I cheer loudly.

"Mama I'm winning" Luke cheers and I cheer along with him, "I know baby, I'm so proud!"

**

We've just finished eating lunch and Luke and I are playing chess, it's something we've been playing since he was old enough. It's kind of like our go to game when he's sad or angry.

"So tell me what's going on baby" I mutter. It's a few days later and Luke got home incredibly upset

"I like someone, her name is Anna. She's so pretty and sweet and she likes me back"

My 13 year old son has a crush on a girl, oh my God I'm about to get grey hair.

"Tommy likes her too, he's liked her a lot longer than I have and we fought because of her today"

"Lukey" I stop the game and he looks at me, "Tommy has been your best friend since you were both 6 years old, he's been there for you through everything. No girl should mess up that friendship"

He frowns, "I should pick Tommy before her?"

"Yeah you should" I insist and he nods, "Okay mama"

"Let's play. I'm winning" I cheer and he laughs, "no you're not"

We play for another few minutes and he wins again

"No!" I pout and Luke laughs, "I told you you're not winning"

I pretend to fight him and he laughs loudly. Camilla walks in with a drawing in her hand

"Mama I made you something" She says and Luke hugs her. I smile at my kids, they have the best relationship.