Chapter 30

Antonio's eyes rest contently on their entwined hands as they sat in the restaurant.

"I love you; I can't fight with you ever again." He whispers and Kate smiles as she strokes his stubble cheek

"I love you too. We're fine baby"

"I won't take the job at SA office" Antonio says as he takes a sip of his beer and Kate sighs, "I was selfish when I told you that I don't want you to take this job. You've worked your entire life to one be able to run your own team and I can't ask you to not pursue it."

"I almost lost my family" Antonio frowns and Kate shakes her head

"I got crazy when Luke was shot, I think any mom gets crazy if her kid is hurt and I took it out on you, I don't know why, and I'm sorry about that. But I want you to know that I support you fully."

Antonio smiles with tears in her eyes, "I love you"

"I love you too"

I smile at the song, it's Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling In Love With You. Antonio swallows and glances at me longingly, "Dance with me"

I smile and nod. He pulls me in closer to him and we start slow dancing – there's a few other people dancing as well but Antonio's the only one I see.

"I was 21 years old when I had a dream that someday I'd meet the girl of my dreams, and we'd live happily ever after. I felt like such a damn chick but I knew one day my miserable life would get better, and it did. I never thought getting shot would be the best thing to ever happen to me. You are still the best thing that has ever happened to me" Antonio says and I'm in tears as we slow dance to our wedding song.

"I love you Antonio Dawson, I don't ever want to live without you. I know I can live without you, I just don't want to"

Antonio smiles and kisses my lips, "I don't want to either"

"We're okay. We'll always be okay"

**

Erin's car stops in front of the front door a week later, I'm finally finished with being on call so now I can relax and rest while Antonio's with Jay and Adam at Molly's. Jason's outside swimming with his friends, they're having a beginning of the weekend celebratory play date and Camilla's sleeping upstairs. She's getting so big now, almost one year old.

I open the door for her and beam at the two bottles of wine in her hand.

"Young lady, I'll have you know I'm a mom"

Erin smirks, "Well your daughter is sleeping and your son is playing outside. You can drink"

"I need a drink, or two, or three"

"That's the spirit."

"We can sit on the Terrace; I have the baby monitor with me."

Erin nods and pours us the wine while I get out some already-made popcorn.

"So what brings you to my humble abode?

Erin smirks, "For once I'm just in the mood to hang with my best friend, no drama, no bullshit no nothing"

"Well that's good, I need a no bullshit kind of day"

Erin looks over to the swimming pool, Luke runs up to her and hugs her tightly

"Enjoying your party baby?" I asked him and he nods, "We're hungry, can we get the pizza?"

"In the fridge"

"Thanks mama" he runs back into the house with Tommy and Erin and I continue talking, drinking a glass of wine.

"I think Jay's gonna ask me to marry him"