Chapter15

"Doctor Roberts, it's good to have you back" the attending below me commented.

"Thanks Dr. Simon, it's good to be back."

My resident and her interns walked up to me, "Doctor Roberts, good to see you"

"Thanks Benson, walk me through the day"

"We have an angioplasty; Atherectomy; Cardiomyoplasty and MIH"

"Which one do you think is the most serious Doctor Benson?"

"I- uh, I think we start with the Cardiomyoplasty"

"Why?" I ask again, this is a teaching hospital, I'm busy teaching.

"The ECT has spread to the arteries and the lungs"

"Good, let's get in there"

**

"Come to Molly's after shift"

I groan as I read the message from Antonio. I'm exhausted, my body's sore and all I want to do is go home and soak in a warm bath.

I call him after dressing back in my plain clothes

"Baby" he answers, he has to yell since the music is loud in the background.

"Hey, baby, I don't think I'm going to Mo-"

"You need to. Matt's proposing to Gabby in Molly's – it's a surprise party for them. You need to come"

"Fine" I answer, "But you owe me a full body massage"

Antonio laughs, "Sure thing baby doll. Get your ass here before Gabby does"

He hangs up and I grab my bag and exit the hospital. I drive to Molly's and get there. Erin and Kim are at the bar with Shay and Natalie.

Sharon's sitting with Alvin and Boden and the rest of the PD; Med and fire kids are enjoying drinks and each other's company.

I don't see my husband anywhere so I walk over to Erin and Kim. Kim begins telling us about her 'relationship' with Adam. He's not as committed as she is.

When Kim finishes telling us she looks dreamily behind me, "I want someone like Antonio. I want someone to look at me like Antonio looks at you"

Erin and I look behind me and see Adam talking to a random girl, "he loves you Kim. I promise – he just... he doesn't know how to show it."

"Ladies, gents, they're here." Kelly says and we all quiet down. The music softens and soon Gabby and Matt walk in. We all yell 'surprise' and Gabby laughs as Matt looks at her with a look of pure devotion and love. It makes me mushy immediately and I scan the room for my husband. He's sitting with Jay in the back, a beer in his hand.

"What's this?" Gabby asks with a beaming laugh

Matt kisses her softly and then gets down on one knee; he reveals a diamond ring in a black Tiffany's box.

Gabby gasps, her eyes are only on Matt.

"Gabriella Dawson, for the past 4 years we've known each other I've been oblivious towards you, your love for me. But, you made the happiest man when you told me you're pregnant with my child and you made me the happiest man when you told me that I could be the father for her. I love you, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

"Yes" she mutters, "Of course I'll marry you"

We all start cheering; my eyes are wet from happiness for my sister. Matt slides the ring on Gabby's finger and they kiss. I squeal in happiness and jump up and down a few times.