Chapter 6: Sky Above, Voice Within

Dovahkiin POV

These past few days have been a lot to take in. First I'm an innocent guy being charged and executed for war crimes I didn't even do, then I'm supposed to be a dragon slaying badass? Yes I've done some impressive things in my time in Skyrim, but how do I defeat the firstborn of fucking Akatosh?! I'm supposed to make a journey to High Hrothgar, but instead I've been renting out the room in the Bannered Mare for several days with a housecarl who protects me as though I was their own child. She even insists on sleeping in the same bed as me, but I've been cautious about whether she'll try to do...things to me. I've been slightly paranoid by this and other things. Sometimes I'd be walking in the street and I'd have a feeling that I'm being stalked.

 Similar to how a wolf stalks their prey. I've also noticed that Aela and Irileth have been talking to me a lot lately. They have their own lives as a captain and a companion. You know what? I think I'll just go to High Hrothgar. My map tells me that the quickest way to High Hrothgar would be through the mountains. We'll leave at the crack of dawn to head to this town named Ivarstead where the path towards High Hrothgar begins.

TIMESKIP

Dovahkiin POV

Finally, me and Lydia had just gotten out of Whiterun. I decided to leave early to hopefully reach Ivarstead by the end of the day. Well that and to avoid Aela and Irileth. They're nice and all, but I don't feel an entirely safe vibe around them. The mornings in Skyrim are just beautiful with the sun rising over the plains and making the mountains cast shadows long them. I would see all kinds of animals like deer, foxes, occasional rabbits, and even wolves chasing their prey. To go through the mountains, we had to go back through Riverwood and continue along the road.

 I had successfully gone through Riverwood without attracting that crazy Valerius lady, but now another horror is set on my mind. I had to go through Helgen to go through the mountains. I could see the gate to Helgen in the distance, but something was stopping me from moving forward. My body was shaking a bit and my heart was in my throat as I looked at the gate. It was like I was looking at the World Eater's jaws. Lydia had noticed how I was reacting.

Lydia: My Thane, are you okay? You're shaking. (What's wrong with him?)

Dovahkiin: I-I'm fine. Can we p-please go around the town? It's not that hard to do.

Lydia: If that's what you wish my Thane.

We decided to go around Helgen instead of going through it, but that didn't help much. That's when all of a sudden I started to hear frantic screams. The sky began to change and the area around me began to feel warmer. Lydia was missing and I had to investigate. I go to the other side of Helgen where the other door is. It was as black as coal with embers and had roaring flames from beneath the gate as though they were animals trying to reach for their food. I hear a roar come from the sky to look up to see a shadow as black as night that can be seen through the clouds of smoke. 

The only thing visible was the piercing red eyes that peered into my mortal soul. It looked down at me as though it was...grinning or even taunting me?! It landed inside of Helgen when I heard a booming voice.

Alduin: LUFT ZU'U DOVAHKIIN, BO GRIND HIN DEZ.~ (Face me Dragonborn, come meet your destiny~)

Swallowing my fear, I kicked down the door only for it to become ash. I charged in with my sword ready to fight even with my hands so sweaty that I felt like I couldn't hold my shield or sword. I saw Alduin right in the center of all the destruction. I could hear crunching and chewing sounds as thought he's...eating? What is he eating?

Alduin: Ah Dovahkiin, care to join me for a meal?

I looked to see what she was eating and I wish I didn't look. Laid before me was Lydia chewed and mangled corpse. Her body almost unrecognizable with all the bite marks and a horrfied expression on your face.