Chapter 18

I ripped open one of the massive double doors and prayed that I would end up outside. There, I would have a chance of freeing myself from this glorious prison. And by some miracle it worked. I let out a breath of relief when I saw towering trees beyond the manicured gardens. The forest was over a hundred meters away, but I knew the trees would be my best bet regardless. They would offer safety and cover from these crazy people.

"Please, stay," the woman called after me. But it was too late. I had already taken off.

My feet somehow managed to trundle down the front steps without stumbling. And once I hit the leveled gravel I pushed harder. I didn't know what would be happening once I reached the tree line, but I could hear chaos behind me and I didn't want to know what would happen if I stayed. I didn't know what Ajax would do to me. I needed to coverage of the trees so I could lose these kidnappers. That was my priority, everything else after that was just details.

But, as I was sprinting, my eyes caught a large SUV pulling into a building. It was the same kind of car that Ajax had been driving in Denver. The garage door lifted for the vehicle and I saw the bumpers of at least two other cars. My direction changed. I could get away from these people much faster in one of their cars. If that meant that I had to risk being the in same place as one of my kidnappers then so be it. I couldn't pass up the chance to have a car. Even if it had tracking systems within it I could at least make it to a city and ditch it before they caught up. that seemed like a much better idea than lying in the woods and hoping for the best.

"Keiko," the woman screamed behind me. Her voice was distant now, fluttering away in the wind. I ignored her and pressed harder.

I counted my strides. I just needed twenty to get away from the insane woman who was acting like nothing unlawful had happened. I counted down with each stride. And when I hit one I had slid my body into the garage. But with that success came the doom of the garage door closing behind me, locking me in. I wanted to gasp in horror but bit my lower lip in frustration instead. I was now between a wall and the SUV that had just arrived, I didn't want to give away my location.

And getting out of the driver side of the SUV was Ajax.

I held my breath as he moved around the car. His eyes seemed to be glazed over as he hummed along to a song he must've heard on the radio. The corner of his lips was turned up in a muted smile. His fingers drummed on the thigh of his jeans as he pulled two shopping bags out of the back seat. Then he was moving towards the front end of the car, nearing a side door on the garage.

It seemed amazing that he hadn't seen me. He just had to look through the back windows and he would've seen me on the other side of the car, staring at him like a deer in the head lights. My fingers brushed against the handle of the car door. I could see the keys tucked into the cup holder and a garage door open on the visor. It would be an easy get away.

But as my finger moved Ajax stiffened. His body froze mid step and his brow furrowed. Then, he sucked in a deep breath through his nose and that small smile exploded into a full on grin. And just like that his eyes met mine through the car windows.

"Keiko," he whispered, sounding delighted to see me.

But as he moved around the vehicle to come closer to me I yanked that passenger door open, creating a barrier between us. That smile disappeared in an instant, but I was too concerned with getting in that car to care. I clambered over the expensive leather and moved to swing my leg over the console when I felt hands on my hips.

"No," I whispered. But any resistance, verbal or physical, was dismissed and useless as Ajax used his strength to pull me backwards. In no time I was out of the car, the door was shut and Ajax was using my arm to turn me so I would face him. but there was no aggression, it was almost a suggestion.

"I didn't expect you to be up so early. I was worried that the drugs mixed with whatever your mom was giving you would make you feel sick so I wanted to give you time. I'm sorry, I should've been more attentive and sent someone else out on my behalf." His green eyes were glowing with delight and he spoke like he had been late for a date.

It was almost like he didn't understand that he kidnapped me.

I didn't think. I just balled my hand into a fist while he was watching my face. Then, when he took a small step back I wound up and punched him as hard as I could in the gut.

Ajax doubled over and let out a violet noise. His hands released me so they could clutch at his stomach as he tried to catch his breath. Unfortunately, he was still between me and the only available exit. I darted in front of him, leaping around him to get to the side door. I moved fast, but not fast enough.

Ajax was still wheezing horrendously when his grip closed around my waist. Before I could grab the knob on the side door he stumbled forward, pushing me ahead of him as he desperately tried to catch his breath. After one more stride my hips were pressed against the edge of a work bench. I was pinned. I let out a strangled scream and thrashed my body around as best as I could.

Ajax released my hips an instant later. His breathing was coming a little easier now and with my hips pinned he was able to grab my arms. I winced, prepared for pain. And he did twist my arms together behind my back, but it wasn't agonizing. Awkward for sure and debilitating, but not painful.

With a firm push he eased my chest down onto the work bench. I laid there for him, my arms behind my back and hinged at the waist. I was at his mercy.

"Ajax," I whimpered.

I knew it was wrong. It was so damn wrong. But being bent over for him like this, being helpless, it did something to me. I felt like crying. This wasn't me. I didn't let things like this happen to me. But all I could think about was the heat of his hands through my sweater and how much better it would feel on my bare skin.

And he must've felt it to because he let out a soft noise and I felt his hips press up against mine from behind. Another whimper escaped my mouth.

"Keiko," he whispered. I felt the way he was leaning down, his body pressing me firmer into the workbench. I could feel almost every inch of him this way and it made me lose my breath, "Oh Keiko."

Ajax knew damn well what kind of affect he had on me. 

****Next update at 25 votes!****