Chapter 55

"Watch, he's going to follow her to the airport and profess his undying love for her," Ajax said around a mozzarella stick. He gestured in annoyance at the TV with his next snack- a jalapeno popper- in his other hand.

"Shut up, I'm trying to enjoy the movie," I whined. But I knew that he was right. All these movies ended the same and I was entirely happy with that as I was a sucker for happy endings. And Ajax knew that which is probably why he picked this movie in the first place. Between the cheesy movie and the greasy snacks this man was really learning the way to my heart, though I had been anxious when he suggested a movie in his bedroom. In his bed.

"Are you ready for the ball?" Ajax asked, not caring about what was happening on screen. The jalapeno popper disappeared into his mouth.

His voice was light enough and his tone neutral. But I knew that there was a lot riding on this ball for both of us. This would be the first time that the general werewolf public would see me. It was an opportunity to clear up all the rumors or provide new ones to cycle. It was my chance to make a great impression or crash and burn. I feared it more than I thought possible.

"Everything is going smoothly so far. Your mom decided that she wanted to make it a masquerade ball, but other than that everything has been going really smoothly." And it was true. Though I wasn't worried about the planning portion. Planning was easy, preforming was the true struggle.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Ajax said sheepishly. "I feel like she didn't get a ball because her entrance as queen was through a trial so now she's trying to make up for it by living through you a little bit. And I know that she can be...a lot."

"I don't mind. I don't know all of the customs. So if having someone guide me through this means that I have to wear a mask for a portion of the night then I guess that is fine."

"I think it sounds like something out of a cheap novel that you would read on the plane," he shot back with a cheeky grin.

"She's your mother and I'm certainly not going to argue with my mother-in-law when she's still a queen."

"Fair enough. Oh shit, look it's the airport scene. I called it so I win," he announced with a bright smile.

"And what do you win?" I challenged, rolling my eyes at his constant need to win and conquer. With a huff I slumped back against the stack of pillows, glaring a little at him.

"A kiss from the prettiest girl in the room," he said with an optimistic grin.

"We're in your bedroom. I'm the only girl in the room."

Ajax let out a low chuckle. "My point stands, now you owe me a kiss."

"I never agreed to this so I just want you to know that I'm only kissing you so you will shut up."

"A win is a win," Ajax stated.

I just rolled my eyes again before closing them. I could pretend to be as sassy and annoyed as I wanted. The idea of a kiss made me lick my lips as I tried to control my breathing. My head tipped towards his and I paused for a moment, teasing him. I could hear the way his breathing hitched with tension, just waiting for me to close the gap between us. Then he let out a hiss of breath, grabbed the back of my head, and pulled me in for a kiss.

His lips were heavy on my own. His fingers were buried in my dark hair, pulling me into him. the kiss could only be described as possessive and passionate. It stole my breath away. And when I gasped in for air his tongue slid against mine, making my already muddled mind spin further out of control.

But I could feel that damn warmth starting to pool in my belly. For him, it started so easily. All it took was a look, a touch, and I was set ablaze.

I pulled away slightly, panting but knowing this couldn't go any further. My control was already slipping. "Ajax, come on."

"Do you know how bad I want you?" he whispered in my ear. I could hear how much the kiss had affected him just through his breathing. It was coming out in ragged puffs against my skin.

"Ajax," I groaned, wishing he would let go of my hair and move back so I wouldn't have to smell his masculine scent, so I wouldn't have to feel his breath on my face. It was making me want to close my eyes and lean into him.

"Come on, Keiko," he all but begged. In one swift motion his body was on top of mine, trapping me between the smooth sheets and his rigid body. "Let me have you. You're mine and I want you to be mine completely."

"Ajax, please, I can feel it building," I warned, but my hands still settled on the hard bicep muscles that were flexed to keep his body hovering over me. God he was so intoxicating. Just feeling his arms, knowing he wanted me was driving me insane.

"Then let it build, baby girl. I want you to give into it for once," he encouraged, dipping his head down.

He wanted to kiss me, it was easy to see, but I knew that that would be the end. It would be my unraveling. Unfortunately, through my denial I gave him complete access to my neck. And to my mark. He took full advantage of this, leaving wet, opened mouthed kisses on the skin. My fingers dug into his arms as my hips bucked upwards.

"Come on, you know you want me. And God, I want you." With careful precision he rolled his hips down, pressing his hips down so I could feel his hardness. "Every time you smile at me with that damn glint in your eye I think about taking you. You push me because you know it turns me on. You want me to be rough with you, to show you how much of a king I really am, don't you? And when you get mouthy with me, fuck." Another roll of his hips, making me lose my breath. "I think about my cock in your mouth and you looking up at me with submissive eyes."

At that my eyes shot open.

"You think I'm going to be submissive?" I challenged, feeling a fire ignite in me immediately. I was a lot of things. I was well educated and sassy. I was newly adventurous and sexy. I was driven and I would even call myself a little entitled. But submissive was something I could never be.

"Of course, baby girl. I'm your king," Ajax whispered, his lips close to my ear.

At that I felt a cruel smirk take over my lips. Whatever heat had been forming evaporated instantly. With firm hands I eased him backwards and he surprised me by going willingly. Still, when I was able to search his expression I only saw a hint of confusion among the lust.

"You might be my king one day, but right now you're just a prince who is ruining my romantic movie."

***Well, we didn't hit our goal for votes, but we did cross the 70,000 mark!***