Chapter Ten-Becca

Hello, Lovelies, 

Who is ready for some Lance and Becca?  Raise your hands!  Thank you to those who did and thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me and my stories.  It means so much to me.  It truly does.  You are all so wonderful!  

News: If you like my romances, there is another one.  If you look above, you will find the cover to my MC romance, Grimm Retribution.  I would appreciate anyone who checked it out.  Uploads will happen on Tuesdays.

Question: Which of my books are romances?  Truth is all of them.  There is always a romantic storyline in every book.  Sometimes, there are multiple.  Cough...Cough...The Silver Grove Academy Series.  Anyway, since I believe that love and romance is a big part of life, my stories will always have that aspect and it will be one of the main aspects.

Warning: This chapter contains sex and language.  If this disturbs you, skip this chapter.

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter.  If you do, a vote is appreciated.  Please turn that star a pretty orange.  Comments help push me to continue on those bad author days.  Besides, I want to know if you like it and what parts you like.  (If your mind went in the gutter, it's okay.  It just means you're my people.)  If you have questions, comment or send me a message.

I hope you have a great day!  

-XXXX Amanda

**********

After Jay left, I could see the worry etched across Lance's face as we sat on the couch, a movie playing in the background as I leaned against his chest listening to his heart play a staccato beneath my ear. My finger traced lazy circles over his t-shirt.

"Becca," he whispered, his voice ripe with fear of what Linc could do to me.

I raised my head to peer into his eyes and the darkness there clenched my heart. I would do anything to wipe the worry from his eyes.

"I'll be okay," I tried to assure him, but I could see that simple words wouldn't convince him.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes when he opened them, they were no less calm. Instead, darkness I didn't understand moved through them and into me.

"I've heard that before," he said, his eyes darkening, "It is always a lie even if the woman doesn't know it's a lie. Well, sometimes, they know it, but I know you don't."

I frowned because I realized he had faced this before though I didn't know with who, "You sound like you know from experience."

He nodded causing my heart to lodge in my throat, "Who was it?"

"My mother," he said, his eyes tortured, "My father would demean her and beat the hell out of her. It got so bad that Gideon called our grandfather. He came for us. My mother had a chance to leave but instead, she chose to stay for the material things my father gave her. She threw Gideon and I away that day and chose getting beaten and material things over her own children...It caused some major trust issues with females."

I caressed his cheek as my heart broke for him. To have his mother choose that life over him and Gideon was excruciating, "I don't know why she chose to stay when she had a way out, but I can say that she chose wrong. She had a chance at a life with two wonderful sons and she blew it. That's on her and she will regret it...If she doesn't already," I chewed my bottom lip before meeting his eyes because I realized I needed to lay it out for him and quit hiding behind the face I put on when I was trying to be strong.