Chapter Fifteen-Becca

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is rocking today!  Thank you so much for reading Dirty Little Tease!  It means a lot!  

Question:  Is Jay going to be with Nica?  Answer:  Yes!  But it's going to be a bumpy ride!  But I think you expect this from me now.  

News: I am doing well with Jaded at Nano.  It's over 25,000 words.  So, I am half-way there.  Also, I am still self-editing Sparked.  After that, it will go through professional editing.  I will be editing Burned with the same process.  In other words, every book will be going through this process eventually in the order I released them on Wattpad.  That includes this one.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, turning that star orange lets me know I'm on the right track.  Comments are deeply appreciated. If you have questions like the one above, comment or send me a message.  

-XXX Amanda

**********

I gazed into the mirror pulling at the white dress I was wearing with my bottom lip between my teeth. Three days had passed since Linc's attack at the restaurant. Though I had nightmares, the fact he was behind bars calmed me and both Lance and I were able to relax.

Lance stepped behind me and encircled my waist, kissing my temple before grinning at our reflection.

"That's a beautiful couple there," he said, wiggling his brows, "The woman definitely overrides the man's sexiness though."

I grinned all those old insecurities about my body fading away because of Lance. The way he stared at me truly made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.

"I don't know," I said, smiling, "That man is really sexy. The sexiest man I've ever met."

His grin widened and I poked his dimple with my finger, "I think she probably just likes his dimples.

"She likes his sweet personality too," I said, turning toward him.

"No other body parts?" He asked, raising his brow.

"All of them," I whispered running my hand down his chest and abs before cupping him.

His lips pressed against mine as he pulled me flush against his body but the doorbell rang causing him to groan.

"Go answer the door," he said, his cheeks flushed, "I need time to calm down."

"Okay," I said kissing the tip of his nose before pulling away but grabbed my wrist pulling me against him.

His nose skimmed my neck, "We'll finish this tonight."

Then, he released me. My breaths hitched as my face flushed as I walked to the door, taking a deep breath nervous because I knew who was on the other side.

Lena...Barrett's best friend and mine. I didn't want her to think I didn't love him still. I didn't want her hurt that I loved Lance as much as I had Barrett. I wanted her to know that Barrett would never be replaced. He would simply live in my heart right next to Lance.

I opened the door giving as big of a smile as I could as Lena and Asher came into view. Lena squealed throwing herself in my arms. I closed my eyes, my heart trying to decide whether it was filled with joy or aching.

Tears burned my eyes as she pulled away. Her smile faltered as her blue-green eyes moved over my face.

"Becca?" she whispered but then, her eyes darkened, "Asher, go ahead. I want to talk to Becca for a minute."

He kissed her forehead before turning to wink at me and walking inside. Lena turned back to me as I stepped toward her. The door closed behind me as I shifted on my feet.

Lena gave me a sad smile, "You're worried about what I think about you and Lance, right?" She asked, tilting her head as she studied me.

"I am," I said, swallowing back the tears.

"Is it because of Barrett?" She asked, her lips trembling over his name.

My heart ached as my mind brought up his image...Smiling and happy and then, the moment I found him a few minutes too late to save his life.

"Becca," Lena said, breaking those images apart as I brought my attention back to her, "I'm happy you've found someone and I'm even happier it's Lance."

"Really?" I asked as a tear fell down my cheek, "I was worried you would think I quit loving Barrett."

She shook her head, her strawberry blonde hair touching her cheeks, "I would never think that," she said, her own tears falling down her cheeks, "The truth is I've been worried about you since his death. It's almost like you punished yourself because he died. It wasn't your fault."

My heart trembled, "It feels like it. It was my parents who told him that lie about not wanting to marry him," I said, the anger at my parents flaring once more, "And I was the one who was too late to save him."

"Becca, your parents did speak that awful lie and I'll admit I'm angry with them," Lena said, sighing, "But I don't think they intended for him to die. Time was against you. It's not your fault you didn't get to him before he passed away. In the end, we both need to remember Barrett chose this path. It was the wrong one but he chose it and beating ourselves up for things we couldn't control is not the right path for us. I knew Barrett. He wouldn't want you to carry that guilt. He would want you to be happy. He would ecstatic that you found someone who loves you as much as he did and Lance loves you. I knew it before you both took the leap."

"Thank you," I whispered, the pain of Barrett's death still there but the love for him still there too but now, I could sense that peace, "How did you know that Lance loved me?"

Lena rolled her eyes still glistening with tears, "I'm always surprised how people don't notice," She shook her head, "You know how Asher looks at me? You've teased me enough about it."

I nodded, "Like he's totally in love and can't live without you."

"He wouldn't be able to live without me," Lena said, chuckling, "But it's funny you can notice that expression in Asher's eyes but you didn't notice it when Lance gazed at you...And he has cast that longing gaze upon you for a while...Probably about a month after we started planning the wedding and I hate to tell you this...But I noticed that same look on your face for about the same amount of time."

I nodded, "I was terrified," I said, shaking my head, "That's how I ended up with Linc."

"There are always consequences for not facing your feelings," Lena said, sighing, "Asher and I faced those consequences and I'm so in love and he's so in love and it turned out well. It will turn out well for you too. Let's just hope everything with Linc is over."

"I never thought he'd try to kill me or Nica," I said, swallowing, "Or attack Carina. I'm glad Gideon was there for Carina and Lance and Jay were able to save me and Nica."

"It's over now," she said, sighing, "And I want you to have a completely blissful life from now on and if there happen to be any hard times, I'll be there for you. You haven't lost my love. I know you never lost Barrett's and you never will. Just be happy Becca. That will make me happy."

She embraced me, kissing my temple, "You're my sister...Blood or not."

I nodded against her shoulder, "And you're mine, Lena."

As I said those words, a soft wind blew over me and for a moment, I felt him...I felt Barrett's presence and I felt his love bringing me peace.