Chapter Twenty-Six-Lance

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you for reading Dirty Little Tease.  We are getting closer to the end of this book.  I believe there are four more chapters.  Then, we will be moving on to Jay's book.  I hope everyone is looking forward to his story.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting and commenting.  If you have any questions, comment or send me a message. 

-XXXX Amanda 

**********

I studied Becca, my heart in my throat as I made sure that any legalities had been taken care of in regards to Linc's father. Another order of protection was placed and I hoped that Linc didn't get his violent ways from the man.

Becca sighed as Lena sat on the couch next to her, "You know you can skip tomorrow," she said as I cast a glance toward her.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked, my brows pressing together.

Lena winced, "Barrett's birthday," she said, shrugging, "We usually go to his grave."

I gave them a sad smile, knowing the day must be painful for them both, "You can still do that," I said, stepping toward them, "I'll take you."

"Are you sure?" Lena asked, raising her brows in surprise.

"Of course I am," I said, rolling my eyes, "Becca and I have discussed this. I don't want her to forget him just because I'm with her. She loves me but she loved him to."

Lena nodded, "I have a new respect for you, fun beautiful one."

I shrugged, "It's not a big deal," I said, shifting but there was something I wanted to do at that gravesite. I glanced toward Asher, who raised his brow and followed me into my kitchen out of earshot of the two women we loved.

"What's going on?" He asked, frowning.

"I need a favor," I said, raising my brows, "Can you stay with Becca for about an hour while I run an errand?"

He frowned, "Sure," he said, tilting his head, "should I be worried about this errand?"

I smirked, "No," I said, my stomach churning, "I should be the one to worry but maybe it will turn out all right."

He frowned but didn't ask me anything else as I kissed Becca and headed out the door. I bit my bottom lip as my stomach twisted because what happened next would be out of my hands and I was not used to giving anyone control over what happened in my life.

**********

The morning brought us to Barrett's gravesite with our arms loaded down with flowers. Becca held my hand tightly in her own. Tears rested in her eyes as she glanced at the tombstone before breaking away from me to trace her hands lovingly over his name.

"I love you," she murmured as she took a shuddering breath, "I want you to know that so much has happened since I last came here. Lena married and I've found love...I-I think you would be happy about that."

"He would," Lena said, tears flowing down her face as she knelt beside her. She stared at the tombstone as if he were sitting in its place, "Hey, buddy. I'm also having a baby. You would have spoiled this kiddo rotten. You always loved kids."

A soft wind blew over them as they continued to speak to him, filling him in on everything. Jay arrived while they spoke. His eyes straying to Lena.

"Should she be crying or upset?" He asked, staring at his sister with worry veiling his face.

"Pregnant women can handle a lot more than you think, Jay," she said, rolling her eyes, "Quit acting like I'm going to break or I will show you a live birth video to show I won't."

"You don't want to do that," Asher said, wincing as his face paled. I raised my brows, wondering if he would make it through the birth. If he passed out, I would never let him live it down.

Lena smirked, "I'm the one going through it," she said, shaking her head, "It's not all about you, Asher."

"I know," he said, swallowing, "I simply wish that you weren't going through it...Especially after seeing it."

Lena glanced at the tombstone, "If you can tell, Barrett, both Becca and I are well cared for and loved," she said as Jay stepped forward and moved his hand over the stone.

"We miss you, man," he said, simply as everyone stood to walk away but I moved toward his stone.

"What are you doing?" Becca asked, frowning.

"I'm paying my respects," I said, kneeling and leaning close whispering a promise that only he could hear. I stood and Becca tilted her head, studying me.

"What did you say?" She asked, frowning.

"I made him a promise to always make sure you were safe and loved," I said, my heart thumping against my ribs...Because I wanted to give her more than that...So much more., "And I thanked him because I believe he's been your guardian angel but also mine and Asher's and Lena's."

She nodded, glancing back at the tombstone, "It would be just like him," she said, taking a deep breath, "He was always protective and pushy when he thought things were the best for us. I would get so mad at him but he always turned out to be right and that would drive me insane. So, now he can do it and miss the anger. He's probably smirking."

I smiled pulling her close to me, "He sounded like a good guy."

"He was," she said, studying me, "I think you would have liked him."

"I would have," I said, softly as sorrow moved through my soul because I had only known him as another guy in class...One I had barely spoken to.

"Are you ready?" She asked, raising her brows.

I nodded, glancing at the tombstone one more time, hoping that Barrett was at rest but more than anything, I hoped wherever he was, he accepted what I came to ask him. My hand moved into my pocket, gripping the box that contained my grandmother's ring. I took a deep breath, hoping that ring would be on Becca's finger soon.

I swallowed as my heart galloped in my chest as I took a deep breath. It would be a week before I asked her. I could only hope I wouldn't die of a heart attack before then. More than anything, I hoped she would say yes and I could live up to every hope and dream she had ever had.